Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scale down the pancake

Wolfgang Zeller

Wolfgang Zeller

Hi,

how can I scale down my pancake work? It is not possible for me to bring the chest down to the floor. And it is also impossible for me to be in a full straddle.

So which detail should be the focus? Chest down or full straddle?

Thanks.

Alexander Egebak

Hi,

how can I scale down my pancake work? It is not possible for me to bring the chest down to the floor. And it is also impossible for me to be in a full straddle.

Thanks.

One thing you can do is to train side split and pike as two separate elements and then move them together when you do better at both. A very minimalistic approach would be horse stance coupled with Jefferson Curls.

• Upvote 2

Jesus Rojas

Upload a video and we can see what is bad with your pancake position. At first I made the mistake of get first chest to floor but the right way is first belly button and then chest, in order to not arch your back. 

Jan Reipert

Hi,

Thanks.

elevate your butt as high as needed

• Upvote 3

Hi,

Thanks.

You can scale it down by sitting on something elevated.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes got ages I got no where because my

Hips were too tight so sitting elevated and stretching my lower lats and hamstrings allows me to go forward more

Douglas Wadle

My advice is that it is very difficult to work seated pancake until you can get good ROM with standing pancake (meaning head to ground, or at least elbows to ground).  this really lets you feel the stretch in the upper groin and upper hamstrings, and really "feel" the pelvic rotation necessary for this move.  You can easily add weight from this position too. 

• Upvote 4

Richard Sassoon

I've used some time ago the weighted pancake good mornings and holds (with weight on my back or holding it with straight arms), focusing on the ppt and touching my belly button to the floor. With time I could also increase the straddle. I'm not there yet, but I can touch my chin and upper chest to the floor now. And on the standing pancake I'm still trying to get my elbows to the ground, I feel that on the floor is somehow easier to rotate my pelvis to increase the ROM.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Wolfgang Zeller

hello guys,

first of all: thank you for your comments.

I think i found a solution for my pancake problem and maybe it's not only a solution for me.

When I do my pancake work I straddle my legs as wide as it's possible and then I bend my knees. In this position I feel a incredible stretch in the adductors and I can reach the floor with my upper body.

I work on with this postion until I can extend my knees for the pancake stretch