Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot perform HSPU

irongymnast

I've been doing HS for many years now.

I can walk with my hands for more than 1.5 minute but I can only hold a still HS on the floor for 1 minute if I'm very lucky ( the problem lies in balance, not in strength).

I can do ~10 full HeSPUs with feet on the wall so the HSPU is not a problem strength-wise.

What troubles me is that I cannot perform a single HSPU on the floor or the parallets.

From the moment I lower myself, I lose balance.

I also find that my "still HS" time is very low when compared to my HS experience.

This has been troubling me for a long time now.

Is there anything that I can do to improve the situation?

You need to go back and work static handstands.

Walking is nice, but if doesn't develop the control for balance. Which also means you won't have the balance for freestanding HSPUs.

I don't think I can improve static HS that much.

I've been training the HS for years almost daily and I just can't balance enough.

I'm constantly balancing back and forth on my fingertips .

On the parallets I can stay for long and can achieve that posture of rest(where I don't need to put strain).

I think I'm just bad at HS even though I've been doing them for a long time.

:evil:

Go back to stomach against the wall handstands and work on getting a perfect straight/slightly hollow shape. Then start free balancing by pushing toes off the wall slightly.

Maybe some shoulderstands on pbars could benefit aswell to feel the balance in the bottom and build strength from where you need to push up

Duh, HSPU on parallettes isn't easy. Especially if you are doing them with free balancing. Work the HSPU against the wall on parallettes.

People who are able to do 10 HeSPU are frequently only able to do 1 full ROM HSPU on parallettes, maybe 2 from my experience (aka me).

agreed, just cause your feet are against the wall doesnt mean it isnt a good handstand or it wont help you build to a freestanding handstand. JUST DO IT :D