Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche forearm pain

terpol

Hey everyone. I've been reading this forum for a couple of months and its been a great help to me. I hope you can help me with this problem :(

About two weeks after i started gymnastics and practicing frogstands i tried an adv frogstand on parallettes (fingers forward is too much for my wrist) and just leaning into it i knew my elbow couldn't take it. So i stayed with frogstands and the planche leans (fingers back) in gregors sticky. Once i had an easy 60sec frogstand i tried again the adv frogstand on parallettes and held it for 15 sec. However it felt that all the effort was by my forearms, i didn't feel any strain on my elbow or biceps. My arms were locked straight and shoulders and hips level.

A few days after this i felt a little pain in my forearm during a straddle-l on the parallettes and a lot more during the adv frogstand. I notice that my wrists seem to slide inwards on the parrelettes so they are not directly above them though i don't see how they can be. The bars are spaced apart from the tip of my middle finger to my elbow. The bar is about 3cm in diameter lined with some padding stuff.

Before all this i had a little pain my forearm if i pressed it hard, and still it wasn't very sore. Just like a bruise. I don't know how i got it but pressing it was the only time i knew it was there. If you follow the line down the arm from the outside of the pinky finger, about midway is the pain, just next to the bone. If i press down a bit further there is kind of a deeper faint pain too. Its now a week since i tried the adv frogstand and with complete rest my arm feels almost how it was before, just a little stiff. However if i lay my forearm on a table, edge of my hand down, i feel a little lump on the spot. I can't really feel it with my fingers although its still sore if press around that area.

The adv frogstand on the parallettes was the first time i have felt this pain. I am doing all the other static holds without problems, aswell as the wrist prehab series. I feel i could probably start training again without parrelettes and not have any pain but i have no idea what this little lump is so any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Sounds like forearm splints of some sort.

Self myofascial and cross friction massage + ice + prehabilitation work such as rice bucket

Thank you doppelganger. (Do you play D&D by any chance?)

Is this routine for rehabbing/healing or is meant to be done priorly to the planche workouts (as warmup)?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys. I think it was forearm splints and cleared up completely with rest. I felt it a bit again with back lever work so i had to slow down with that too. My long slim arms can't handle too much :x