Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

exercises before sleep?

Aviv Lugtenaar

Aviv Lugtenaar

Hey, a friend just asked me if it is ok to do exercises before going to bed. And that question also interests me abit cause before the summer holidays, for about 2 weeks in a row, I did half an hour of exercises before goign to bed. I felt ok, although I started waking up earlyer in the morning( which isn´t is a prob to me seeing it´s hard for me to get out of bed before 9 am :oops: :P )

I usually exercise then eat then sleep or something along those lines.

I don't see why not unless you're a person who's nervous system gets amped up so they can't get to sleep soon after they've worked out

Nothing better in the world than a challenging work out, then taking a warm/cold shower and getting in bed.

Most destressing and restful sleep ever.

Regards,

Nick DeFreitas.

For the most part, I exercise at night, and stretch before I go to sleep. My idea has always been that if I am going to be fatigued, it is better to be tired when I'm doing nothing. Sleep certainly doesn't mind you being tired.

Aviv Lugtenaar

Do you notice if it effects your sleep? Not that I mind, but as I wrote in my first post I start waking up earlyer.

The only time I can recall something affecting my sleep was when I was sore or injured (football hits). You know, when it hurts to lay down. On a daily basis, I can't say exercise significantly affects me.

Can exercise before sleep really help one sleep better. School is about to start and I never like sleeping early because I would never be able to fall asleep.

It can but it can keep you awake as well. It depends on how strenuous it is.

A typical gymnastics workout won't unless I condition really hard. I've fallen asleep during rest periods before, not for very long mind you but longer than 5 minutes.

It's kinda icky going to bed all sweaty and stinky though. Definitely gotta wash the sheets and all if you do the next day.

Shocking, revolutionary idea. Be wary, we may brand you a heretic for daring to say that. :twisted:

Actually I have found that a light strenuous work done before going to sleep helps me sleep better rather than trying hard to relax and fall asleep. A great way to do this is practice your handstand. I have been practicing handstands nonstop throughout the day long after my actually workout. It's a great way to help you go to sleep and a great way to build up your handstand. :)