Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beginner Core - Dynamic V ups

Wayne Rhodes

Wayne Rhodes

Hi, completely new to this. I'm a long distance runner but seem to be picking up injury after injury, which is quite possibly is due to bad habits and weakness in the body chain.

I'm looking to build overall full body strength, balance & flexibility but core being the main area to start with.

I'm on the pro subscription and Ive jumped straight into the core beginners class. All exercises seemed to be straight forward not really having any difficulty executing them the with good form. The only one I do seem to be struggling with is the dynamic V ups. I dont have the strength to get my upper body up. The static tug which is done earlier in the class is not problem at all. but the V ups is a bit too big of a gap to jump to. Is there a way to build up to this?

Also Is this the best place to start as a complete beginner?

Thanks

Coach Sommer

Hi Wayne,

The online classes are designed to be a easy to follow introduction to GST.  

With your Pro subscription also have access to PE1-3 and their accompanying iMs for all seven foundational elements so feel free to substitute from the appropriate PE1, PE2 or PE3 exercises as needed.  The beauty of the GB online courses as compared to the GB online classes is that they go into much more detail and you can customize the training to your exact needs and specifications.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1