Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Start with the wods?

Mats Trane

I´ve been doing the folowing program for 3-4 times a week since the beginning of may

Tp steady state total 60 sek paired with Pushups XR PPP

BL steady state total 60 sek paired with OAC assisted

Straddle L one hand center steady state total 60 sek paired with coreworkout

FL steady state total 60 sek paired with SLS

Handstand against wall 60 sek paired with standing press to handstand

I happy with this program and have been doing som nice progressions.

My question is: Would it be more benficial to start with the Wods

1. Are you still seeing linear gains?

2. Do you feel any discomfort in your joints? As in elbows or shoulders?

3. Are you alternating lower back work in the core workouts?

4. Are you getting bored at times and wanting to try other things?

5. Are you doing the wrist, shoulder, back stuff like the wrist and shoulder mobility series besides standing pike holds/jefferson curls and bridge wall walks?

Looks pretty good otherwise.

CDX,

I've been doing something similar. Instead of always doing pushups, however, I choose a different pressing movement from Coach's book to pair with the tuck planche. I do the same with my pulling, legs, and core movements, paired with BL, FL, and Straddle or L-Sit. That way, although my static holds aren't varying, the dynamic movements are. I'm not just doing pushups, but dips, HeSPUs, tuck planche pushups, etc. The same with pulling - not just chinups/pullups, but pullups, rows (I'm doing them with a false grip to build up my false grip strength), curls, FL pulls (personal favorite). The same with the core and the legs. It adds more variety. That's how I understood Coach's instructions for the steady state cycle - pair the static work with that day's choice of dynamic work. There are other exercises to throw in as well, such as a straight-arm fly on the rings. I'm not even close to doing it completely horizontal, but can still find a challenging level that isn't to taxing on my biceps.

Maybe the key point is the static work paired with an appropriate dynamic exercise, but not neccessarily the same dynamic exercise everytime?

Agreed. I rotate pushing and pulling and core exercises. I still think to myself, damn I gotta get through x more amount of these rounds, especially the static holds. Man, I hate that sometimes. It's a good suck though.