Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stretch series once/week?

Jon Dahl

Hi there - I'm interested in trying the Stretch Series, but at the moment I will only have time to add in one 45-minute stretching session each week. Am I better off:

1. Focusing on one course (either Front Split, Middle Split, or Bridge) at a time - if so, is there a recommended course to start with?

2. Rotating, so I do FS one week, MS the next week, and Bridge the third week

3. Doing an abbreviated version of each one, e.g. 15 minutes of each once/week

I'm doing F1 at the same time. I know I could cut back on my F1 to make more time for stretching, but I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!

Jason Dupree

You are better off finding the time... Why is there only 45 minutes left in your whole week? Let's try to find that extra time before doing something that won't help you nearly as much. I can tell you from experience spending that extra time is absolutely worth it.

David McManamon

Consider spending at least three 45 minute stretching sessions/week.  The difference between your choices is irrelevant if you can't invest enough time to see results.  

• Upvote 1

Jay Bailey

I was in a similar position to you recently. Not due to lack of time, but lack of funds. What I did was ask myself what my main goal was, and which course would get me the best results for that. For me personally, I primarily want a better pike above all else for a myriad of reasons, so I've chosen to purchase the Front Splits. I'll buy the other two as money permits. If you want one of the three main positions, buy that one. If you want something else, take a look at what the courses offer and decide which is right for you.

If you want everything equally, ask yourself what's holding you back the most in your F1 work right now, and if nothing is holding you back in F1, ask yourself what you think might hold you back in future iMs. If you can't think of anything for that...you may not really even need the series :D

• Upvote 3

John Kiggundu

Hi there - I'm interested in trying the Stretch Series, but at the moment I will only have time to add in one 45-minute stretching session each week. Am I better off:

1. Focusing on one course (either Front Split, Middle Split, or Bridge) at a time - if so, is there a recommended course to start with?

2. Rotating, so I do FS one week, MS the next week, and Bridge the third week

3. Doing an abbreviated version of each one, e.g. 15 minutes of each once/week

I'm doing F1 at the same time. I know I could cut back on my F1 to make more time for stretching, but I really don't want to do that.

Thanks!

I have found it a challenge to find time to do the stretch series, so I empathize with your situation.  

But this is a case where doing at least one stretch series per week is better than nothing, and begin with what's your greatest weakness.

And be careful not to over do the stretch series....I injured myself in the groin doing the FSs about two weeks ago, so I learned the hard way that it is possible.