Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

need an opinion on this routine

colcio

Hi

I would be very greatful if someone could criticise tell me if I'm going in the right direction with my programme.

My main goals are One Arm Chin Up and L seat to Hand Stand Press.I train 3 times per week,my weight 85 kg. If You think It's too much, or some of the specific goal exercises are not good choices in your opinion, let me know please. The rest of the exercises are just for general strength.

Monday

5 min Warm -up (some balistic stretching)

3 min Free hand stand

A-1 One arm chin-ups negatives- 3x3 each hand (working up to 5 reps then increase resistance)

B-1 XR HSTPU-3x3

A-2 PB leg v-up negatives-3x5+5 sec l seat hold swinging up and trying to lower down very slowly

B-2 Wall Hand Stand Pike Press-3x5+ 5 sec L hold

A-3 Quads-Leg extensions(machine) 3x5 Treating injury hence no body weight stuff

B-3 Humstrings(machine)

Wensday

2 min Wall Runs +2 min hand walking

A-1 Towel kipping Pull-ups -3x12-15

B-1 Medball- Swissball alternate push-ups-3x12-15 Legs on swissball hands aternate on medicene ball

A-2 Abb Wheel-3x8-10

B-2 Swiss ball Squats-3x12-15

A3 Wipers 3x 10 each side

B-3 Calf raises 3x15-20

Friday I created my own WOD

3 min Free hand stand

3 giant sets of 3xMUP,5 sec in support hold,3 l-seat pull ups,roll back to 3 l-seat dips

2sets of XR Pec Flys x 5 + Reverse Flys x 5

Thanks

Regards

Colcio

Weight the calf raises. Swiss ball squats?

What your leg injury?

Is towel kipping pullups for grip strength?

Weight the calf raises. Swiss ball squats?

What your leg injury?

Is towel kipping pullups for grip strength?

Yes I weight my calf raises

Swiss ball squats-I stand on swiss ball and half squat .

My knee cups are done,I've just had athroscopy,removing my damaged cartilage, in other words bad chondromalacia of the patela. I know knee extensions are not the best option for this injury but it seems to me that working with small weights will be safer than one leged squats, I can do 12-15 of them but I'm scared I might put to much pressure on them, GH curls are something I should forget about for the rest of my life.

Towel kipping-Yes I hoped to make my grip stronger and at the same time teach muscles how to contract very fast(no good?).Wensday is the lighter day,I try to do exercises lighter in nature with more speed and some balance added as well.

Do you think I should add chin-ups and work on them as well ?

I can chin-up and pull-up 40kg for 2 reps.however doing this and negatives + the rest of the training never let me recover properly. I train Greco-Roman 5 days a week on top of that so recovery is not that easy.I used to do quite a lot of conditioning with weights ,sometimes 8-12 exercises in one session,but the strain on my body never was near to what it is now let's say after negatives.

Do you think I should add weighted Chin-ups to one of the days and get rid of something else ? or maybe I should swap negatives every month or so for weighted chins or some other demanding one arm pull exercise like uneven towel pull-ups?

I was wandering about Wall Pike Presses.In one of the topics I read that we are supposed to extend lower back up flat to the wall before lifting legs up.I can easly touch my knees with my chest,so humstring flexibility is not a big problem, but my lower back is still bent.Wouldn't that be like doing dead lift with the bent back putting a lot of pressure on the lower back. very bad for your back.

Hey ,sorry for the length and a lot of questions, and thanks a lot for your time.I hope I'm not too chicky asking you some additional questions.

Regards

Colcio