Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is Foundation One?

JohnScott

Hello

I've come across the courses gymnastics bodies offers and for some reason I feel they are better than any programs I've seen or been offered to me. I have checked the Foundation Series but I'm a little confused About what each course has to offer.

So my questions are:

-What does foundation One has to offer?

-I don't have access to rings or Rope to climb AT ALL :/ is that okay or I must have them?

-Is there a page where I can read more about each course and the elements it has?

Edited by JohnScott

Rajesh Bhat
  • F1 builds the basic foundation needed to make any substantial progress on specific element training found in later foundation courses. By the end of the course, which could last anywhere from under a month to 18 months, and more, you will have basic pike flexibility, core strength, proper scapular engagement, basic pulling and pressing strength, and more that will prepare you for the more advanced things like Rope climbs, l-sits and manna, hollow back press, straddle planche, and more. If you're worried about it being too easy, be careful. It's quite a challenging and helpful course. One of the greatest parts of F1 is the mobility built.

• Rings and rope are needed later on, substitutes can be used later on.
  • yes, the shop page.

Good luck and just ask if you have more questions!

• Upvote 1

Jonathan Pettit

The Foundation series is a set of progressions that lead to seven 'basic' gymnastic strength moves: front lever, straddle planche, hollow back press, rope climb, side lever, manna and single-leg squat.  F1 is the first set of progressions for each element, with each subsequent course continuing where the last left off.  Think of Foundation as one big course while the individual F1-F4 are bite-sized pieces of that whole.

You will not need a rope right away, but rings are certainly very useful.  As you can imagine, you will need to train some pulling elements like rows and pullups at some point, so you will need equipment for that.  Rings are an incredible investment.  Not having at least somewhere to train pulling will limit you.  I have to train outside, hanging my rings from the beams supporting my deck.  Not very fun in the winter, but you have to do what you have to do. 

The shop page has general information.  If you want more specifics just ask and someone will help.

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/

• Upvote 1

Just to further elaborate on some already great answers. 

- F1 is part one of a four part series which is meant to be followed in a strict 1,2,3,4 fashion. It's like a set school books, Algebra I, Algebra II etc. so each course continues from where the last left off.

- You don't need a rope at all in F1 but you will need some kind of rings or suspension trainer. Some people have made there own by using tie down straps with a short length of PVC tubbing. But we offer high quality rings on our store page https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gear/

- The course is a very well laid out road map that will eventually get you to the 7 elements mentioned. but it's a journey of many stages. Like any good story, we don't want to give away the plot. But we do offer a money back guarantee, so if it's not what you are looking for,  you have 30 days to make up your mind.

• Upvote 5

Thank you all for the help.
@GenericGymnast, Oh I'm gonna be asking a lot of question in the coming days :D haha.

I've found that you people hold a lot of knowledge and seem to be more professional than any other site I have come across. And from the feedback I see all over the threads here, I'm seriously considering buying the Foundation One program because I've had it with trying to adjust the workouts and follow useless youtube tutorials. It's surely better having a professional Coach to guide you through the process.

Money is a factor but not a big one, I could get the money. There are other problems at hand. The fact that I Injured my distal bicep tendon 3 months ago and I thought that it's fully healed but today it started irritating me again. Me dealing with tons of problems at home and final exams coming up at my college :) . So, I've decided to stop and give the tendon more time, finish those exams Then I'm determined on getting that course :) . I wish I found it earlier when I started bw training, maybe then I wouldn't have injured myself.

Rajesh Bhat

okay. You should ask the more experienced people for prehab/rehab and recovery suggestions, but seeing a doctor is the best option. I would highly suggest buying foundation even if you can't use right now, because there is great advice on that forum and you can freely ask about specific recovery for your condition and get good answers.

• Upvote 1

Aleks Salkin

Is Foundation 1 still worth buying if I already have Building The Gymnastic Body?  If so, what does it contain that BTGB does not?

Thanks in advance!

Edgar Hernandez Celli

Mobility exercises and a whole lot of progressions to achieve Front lever, side lever, straddle planche, rope climbing, hollow body press, single legged squat and manna. The most important is the pairing of the progression with the appropriate mobility. 

• Upvote 2

okay. You should ask the more experienced people for prehab/rehab and recovery suggestions, but seeing a doctor is the best option. I would highly suggest buying foundation even if you can't use right now, because there is great advice on that forum and you can freely ask about specific recovery for your condition and get good answers.

That's even more interesting and exciting. I'm currently trying to get an appointment with a good doctor to re-check my injury and tell me what to do and how much to rest. Also, totally convinced that I should buy F1 now. I will probably get it in a week or two depending on when I will get the money. Thanks very much -GenericGymnast :)