Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

dissballanced right shoulder while doing pull ups

Jaromir Stopka

Jaromir Stopka

Hi everyone,

My friend noticed that my right shoulder is way higher than my left one while doing pull ups.Its problem when i do ring l-sit pull ups because sometimes i am swinging probably due this dissbalance.PLs is there any way how to correct it?

thank you

Alessandro Mainente

Control the movement step by step and be sure of symmetrich contraction. If unbalanced situation is clearly visible also in rest position you need to check a physio to understand the problem.

Jaromir Stopka

hi...no its not visible ....only during movement....I was thinking of strenghthening weaker arm someway.

Higher because one arm isn't pulling as much, or because one scapula is not pulled down as much as the other?

Alex's comment is a good place to start.

As far as the L Pull Ups go, if you aren't able to do them symmetrically that means they are too much load for you right now. Do you have the same problem with regular pull ups? How about chin ups or rows? 

Jaromir Stopka

yes I have the same same with all kind of pull ups.It seems like I started doing it wrong ages ago and now its habit

In that case start building pulling balance in row variations, make fixing the imbalance you priority.

I'd also steer you towards Foundations where there are numerous shoulder mobility exercises that will help correct this.