Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lean ripped and muscular physique of a gymnast?

Bob Sanders

Ok now how would I go about achieving the muscular and leanness of a gymnasts? I have been lifting weights and have see no good results. I was on a quest to add a lot of muscle. Instead I ad minimal and ad fat back to my abdominal area making my abs disappear. All the hard work out in that sun... it's a shame really. So my goal is to look like a gymnast. Muscular but lean. So in order to do that with your program you give us strength work with and body weight. And what about nutrition? Should I eat high protein moderate carbs and low fat? Or should I eat High protein, low carbs and high fat or should I eat moderate protein high carbs and moderate fat. And should there be calorie counting and things like that. What do the elite gymnast eat? My dad said during the Beijieng Olympics last year that the Chinese gymnast did not go eat crazy diets with lots of protein shakes and all. They eat rice all day and grow. I know of course they work out all day but is that what we do on the program too? Anyway love to have your insight on this.

Thanks.

Go look for what Gregor has stated he is eating in one of the threads in the nutrition forum. Seems to be working for him.

Were you keeping a decent track of what you were eating and how much you were working out.

You mean this one? viewtopic.php?f=8&t=756

Honestly I did various bodybuilding type workout. I got into bodybuilding during November of 08. During the Summer of 08 though I did a lot of conditioning type work from RossTraining.com and Never Gymless. I lost a lot of fat in my abdominal area which was great because I finally see my abs for the first time ever in my life. I got interested in getting bigger so I started looking into bodybuilding. Now I am just fat...again where I started. It is a shame really, all that work I had done that Summer. I was eating healthy too, all organics and stuff. But during my bodybuilding phase I binge and all all kinds of unhealthy stuff. I should have stuck with training for athletic performances. I'm slowly getting back to that now. I am waiting for my contract with my gym membership to be over then shift my training to more gymnastics type.

Change your diet....

Gregor, you believe in a diet high in protein right? But do you belive in counting it and getting 1x the protein of your body weight? I used to not count anything, calories or protein when doing ross enamiat stuff. Now after experiencing with both worlds they both have pros and cons. What do you think?

Change your diet....

Gregor, you believe in a diet high in protein right? But do you belive in counting it and getting 1x the protein of your body weight? I used to not count anything, calories or protein when doing ross enamiat stuff. Now after experiencing with both worlds they both have pros and cons. What do you think?

What kind of diet / food habits did you have during your Ross Enamit training?

I belive in a diet with higher amount of proteins, good carbs timming, good faty acids and enough vitamins/minerals and fibers.

Change your diet....

What kind of diet / food habits did you have during your Ross Enamit training?

Ross said quote that he used to count calories and macro-nutrients all the time. But as he grow older and wiser he found that food is just math problem now. So now he just eat everything in balance. Like there maybe more carbs today or more fats today r more proteins the next day. You will loose weight if you eat natural food. So something to that standard.

• 4 months later...

m8 gymnasts spends lot of energy at their trainings ;) that is the key! They are eating less carbohydrates then they spent at gym! For muscle build you need to eat a lot of proteins.Muscles are maid of proteins!

So this is basic plan of your diet:

-Eat 5-6 times a day

-Your meal must consist of Proteins(meat-best is chicken breasts,fish etc) Carbohydrates(complex or Fibers) and suplements like Vitamine/Minerals/Fish oil/...

If you want to get lean:

-Eat complex carbohydrates(bread,rice,potato,etc...) only till 6pm, after that only vegetables in you meals(with proteins and other stuff ofc..)

-In Sunday you can eat whole day complex carbohydrates except of last meal

You will spend your fat for energy bcs you are eating less carbohydrates then you spent in gym, and your body will not get used to bcs every Sunday you are suprising your body with lot of energy so your metabolism rate keeps to be fast ;)

I hope I help you...