Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche help

Noob

Let me first appologise if this is not the correct forum to post this in.

I bought "Building the Gymnastic Body" some time ago along with a set of rings and the dvds, but due to several factors have only just started training. I am trying to work on achieving the planche and have been practising the frog stand and can hold it for some time (not with totally straight arms though), but am having trouble progressing any further, and cannot do an advanced frog stand at all. Are there any other exercises I can do in order to strengthen my shoulders in order to take the load? Also, im having problems with my hand positioning; i dont thing i have the wrist flexibility to have my fingers facing forward so should i work on wrist flexibility or should i have my hands turned slightly out?

Thanks,

James

turning your fingers out is okay as well as doing them on parallettes. you can also turn your fingers back but the balance is weird. It isn't so weird when doing pseudo planche pushups this way.

pseudo planche pushups at however much you lean are good so long as you work on leaning your shoulders over your hands. my boys do not like advanced frogstand with straight arms because of the discomfort it places on their triceps/elbows. They would rather hold tuck planches of shorter duration or lower than horizontal as they are unable to work through that pain and that's how it is.

besides frog stands, I have my boys work planche leans from a pushup position where they simply lean over the bar/their hands as much possible in a planche position with their toes on a block or the ground.

Aviv Lugtenaar

Hey, I came by this video on youtube some weeks ago:

I have been following the exercises from coach summer, I was able to move on fast. But maybe the first exercise on this video can help build extra strength if you combine it with the frog stand or some of Blairbobs exercises.

Thanks for the replies guys, it is much appreciated. I'll give all your suggestions a go and see if i can progress some more.