Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dip

Marco

Are you going full ROM in the single rail with undergrip? How many reps?

The technique of the Korean is odd I find. Doesn't help to have a big butt at all. You really have to arch your back and get those heels behind the bar to counterbalance it.

Are you going full ROM in the single rail with undergrip? How many reps?

The technique of the Korean is odd I find. Doesn't help to have a big butt at all. You really have to arch your back and get those heels behind the bar to counterbalance it.

Yes full ROM, I handle the bar with my sternum. 5 reps.

I have a big butt because I have used a lot of squat in my "training career" but I am not fat.

Can i use a single arm versione of push up?

Do ring turned out dips like this:

as well, I have the big butt problem from years of squatting.

Do ring turned out dips like this:

as well, I have the big butt problem from years of squatting.

TNX, I'll try a negative version...

Guest Ido Portal

Marco, dont let go of the koreans yet, my friend.

In my experience with teaching this movement, it is more about timing and technique than strength.

The strength requirement is not greater than a normal grip dips, it is just a bit more technicaly complex. (and a bit of a different emphesize on musculature involved)

There is a correct timing in which when you come to pass the butt, the small arc swing of your body will allow you to get it through and push up to lock out. Ususaly the problem is solved with a small pause (less than a sec, but still) at the bottom, which allows the swing to be timed with the push up.

Watch the video again and again, and try it. I am convinced that if you can do 5 reps of sternum to bar single bar dip, you can do at least 5 Koreans.

Let me know how it went.

Ido.

I don't agree with you Ido...Korean dip is without of swing!!! And here are involved more front delts, not so much triceps work if you do it slovely...

Guest Ido Portal

I did not mean a swing as in kip or cheating, but an arc - the body moves around the bar in an arc and not up and down.

Without this arc, you cannot do the movement, because your body cannot go through the bar.

Take a look at the video. The timing of the lift with the arc is crucial at first, before you can initiate the arc from a static position at the bottom.

About the front of the deltroid, yes, there is more work being done there, I do not disagree:

(and a bit of a different emphesize on musculature involved)

Ido.

Coach Sommer

Whether or not momentum is utilized, Korean Dips possess a nice active flexibility component (particularly at the bottom of the movement) that most people have never been exposed to; especially when performed with a full ROM. Due to this, Korean Dips are quite useful in helping to alleviate "bench press syndrome".

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Guest cccp21
Whether or not momentum is utilized, Korean Dips possess a nice active flexibility component (particularly at the bottom of the movement) that most people have never been exposed to; especially when performed with a full ROM. Due to this, Korean Dips are quite useful in helping to alleviate "bench press syndrome".

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

************** As an aside what do you think of VERY wide grip dips?

Brandon Green