Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

stretching for better suppleness wrist

ashita

Hey, looking for some good stretching exercice for my wrist.

I want to have a better suppleness of my wrist into help me for planche work.

thanks

Richard Duelley

Here you go. For the top video do 10 seconds in each position before you start working out, as a warm up (this is a called one wrist series) and then 2-3 times after as a prehab movement. Combine that with 10 wrist pushups every time you do a wrist series, like in the video and then 10 reps as Coach described in the other thread (the first knuckle pushups). Remember you can scale the pushups as needed, for example I do mine on my knees for my warm up and then in a regular push up position for my prehab.

c2w1PeSR8G4

NIeL0AYygiY

And here is a discussion.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=61

Richard Duelley

Rehab = specific conditioning to recover from an injury.

Prehab = specific conditioning to prevent injury :mrgreen:

My left hand hurts me for some weeks.

this exercices can help me for my recovery ?

what exercices you can suggest to me ?

Richard Duelley

The above routines are the only ones I know of and I have only used them as a prehab movement (ie I have never injured my wrists). I am not an expert on injury recovery and I am not going to pretend to be one so I dont want to make any suggestions about your injury for fear of making it worse. The one thing I can suggest is that if the pain is persistent than I would go and see a doctor.

Sorry I cant be of more assistance.

Ice your hand every 2 hours for 10 minutes.

Do the prevention series as best as you can 1x a day every other day for 3 weeks. If need be, once every 3 days. Up volume to every day after 3 weeks if it's all good.

The above routines are the only ones I know of and I have only used them as a prehab movement (ie I have never injured my wrists). I am not an expert on injury recovery and I am not going to pretend to be one so I dont want to make any suggestions about your injury for fear of making it worse. The one thing I can suggest is that if the pain is persistent than I would go and see a doctor.

Sorry I cant be of more assistance.

Ok i understand you're right.

Ice your hand every 2 hours for 10 minutes.

You right mean i put my hand in ice for 10 min ? if i understand

Do the prevention series as best as you can 1x a day every other day for 3 weeks. If need be, once every 3 days. Up volume to every day after 3 weeks if it's all good.

ok i will , but I can do at any time of day? about rest day , because else i do it as warm up.

Put ice on top of hand for 10m or in ice for 10m, either works.

Any time of the day works.

Guest Ido Portal

Ashita, a couple of good options to consider are:

1. Traumeel - topicly and oral use. 3 times a day.

2. 'San Huan San' cream - chinese 'Herbal Ice'.

3. High rep joint mobility without any pain - up to 1000 wrist circles, also check out sonnon's intu-flow wrist mobility work routine.

4. DMSO cream.

5. Deep tissue or ART treatment for some soft tissue manipulation.

I hope this helps,

Ido.

sonnon's intu-flow wrist mobility work routine

Sonnon is an amazing athlete and I really like what he is doing! I just didn't check out his youtube channel for a long time.

Thanks for the hint Ido :D

@ ashita:

• 2 months later...

Quick question about the beginning of the Wrist series. With the palms down and palms up beginning portion of the video, are these stretches that you should lean into or are they more of a strength move in which you should be more concentrated on supporting your weight? Thanks

Liosis. Umm, just focus on going slow in the movement. Adjust your leverage as necessary (how far your hands are away from your knees or feet or the angle on a wall).