Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moving on.Details inside

Alex Pap

Hello guys How is everybody doing?

So here is my problem. I feel lost about my handbalancing training. After previous posts of mine people helped me a lot to fix my handstand form. I can hold my handstand for 40 sec (sometimes more) and i think i should start training for my press to handstand.But i don't know where to start. I know press to handstand is about mobility and flexibility both of the hips and the shoulders but thats about it.I don't know what to do.

Now a lot of you are going to suggest me to buy handstand 1 and 2 and foundation as it covers anything.But i am really poor guys. Like really poor. I get by a minimum wage. My money is merely enough to provide me food so you see i can't afford expensive equipment or a gymnastics membership.

So here are my questions.

Am i ready to start training for press to handstand? And if yes what routines  and drills did you guys follow? How did you prepare yourself for press to handstand.

P.S (current photo of how my handstand looks like bellow.)

Thanks in advance guys. you have helped me a lot previously.

post-17728-0-02046000-1424020973_thumb.p

Bryan Wheelock

Work on your pancake straddle.

Do negative press handstands as slowly as possible.

You should probably read every post in the balance forum.

Alexander Egebak

Improve your handstand much more. Go for 2 min. max hold. Start HS wall runs when you surpass 1 minute

I used to work at McDonalds and was able to purchase F1 and H1 on 8/hr. Where do you live? Are you alone? Can you not put $10 or $20 aside every week for a few months?

You obviously have a camera or phone, I know you can save the money if you want to. If you live in America, look up Mturk for some additional side money. Look up craigslist for an odd job. Hell, you can just mow a few lawns.

You write a lot of posts here, so you seem dedicated enough to your training. If you really do care enough, you'll find a way to save the money for H1. There is a lot of free information out there, you can find it all if you care enough but it doesn't come close to the course. It is like $90 and you look like you don't have a family to provide for. You have enough free time to exercise instead of getting a second job. I've seen people work so hard, 2 jobs during the week and a 3rd job during the weekend, no free time but to sleep 5 hours and take a shit so I don't know what your excuse really is. Now you're just looking for free information, which is all already out there.

• Upvote 4

Alexander Egebak

I used to work at McDonalds and was able to purchase F1 and H1 on 8/hr. Where do you live? Are you alone? Can you not put $10 or $20 aside every week for a few months?

You obviously have a camera or phone, I know you can save the money if you want to. If you live in America, look up Mturk for some additional side money. Look up craigslist for an odd job. Hell, you can just mow a few lawns.

You write a lot of posts here, so you seem dedicated enough to your training. If you really do care enough, you'll find a way to save the money for H1. There is a lot of free information out there, you can find it all if you care enough but it doesn't come close to the course. It is like $90 and you look like you don't have a family to provide for. You have enough free time to exercise instead of getting a second job. I've seen people work so hard, 2 jobs during the week and a 3rd job during the weekend, no free time but to sleep 5 hours and take a shit so I don't know what your excuse really is. Now you're just looking for free information, which is all already out there.

Your reply is built on assumptions. I am not saying you are wrong, but if you are those are some not so nice accusations.

• Upvote 1

Yea, it is indeed built on some assumptions and I agree I was not very nice about it at all. I've been poor and from his video on the first thread and his pictures I've seen enough of his house (with its nice bed and paintings) and his pretty high level of musculature to know that something is fishy. Call me rude, it's true, but the one and only thing stopping this guy is if he lives in a country with a poor currency. I suspect he is greek, he has a job supposedly and euros to go with it. Barely scraping by? Give me a break. In fact, if i'm wrong, Alex can private message me proof and I will send money through paypal or something so you can buy the course.

He has started a few threads now with the same advice being pushed to him. At this point, there's nothing new someone is going to say about what he currently needs to do. He's gotten top quality information from some of the top guys on this forum; eddie, jon, alex, Coach sommer etc. He knows what he needs to do now, the information is out there, and yet he keeps asking questions.

I totally agree with Micawberian. I'm from the Venezuela the country with the highest inflation in the world, our higher denomination bill "100bs" is equal to 1 USD 100bs=1$ and even in this condition, after waiting a year, I bought the whole Foundation Series.

• Upvote 1