Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Finger tip push-ups for planche

Fady Georgi

Fady Georgi

Hi,

I was thinking about training for planche progressions on finger tips, however unfortunately I cannot support my whole body weight on my fingers yet :(

So I was thinking to develop fingers strength using finger tips push-ups, as I can currently do finger tip pushups using 4 fingers each hand (excluding little finger).

I was thinking about 3 different types of progressions:

1. Decreasing number of fingers for progressions(trying to make different combination of fingers for training all fingers).

2. Changing body angle (moving the way from push-up to HSPU).

3. Changing position of hands (moving from push-up to PPPU).

So what do you think can be the most convenient approach ...

I'd be glad if anyone could propose different approach or exercise that could develop fingers strength ...

Thanks a lot !

Fady

#3.

Recently, I have been playing with supporting myself in a dipping position with my fingers and it is very trying. For years (half my life), I've done fingertip pushups to the point of thumbs only or thumb and 1 other finger or 4 fingers without thumb. Doing it in a dip position is way hard right now ( though I'm thinking of training this also in a HS ).

Will you be doing the planche on just the tips of the fingers and thumbs or using the fingers and palm ridge (MCP area) where the palm is in the air?

#2 isn't bad but I like the idea of mastering #3 first.