Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TUT vs Reps

Marco

Hi, I've started a basic gymnastic program after many years of weight training.

My question is: instead to use "5 reps" on FBE, is it better to use a 20 second TUT?

PS: sorry for my english.

Why do you want to switch?

Because "5 reps" in some exercise means 10 seconds and in other (what require more balance) 30 seconds...

When it says reps you do the reps... when it says time to do the time.

Unless there's a posted interval for the eccentric, bottom, concentric, top then you really don't need to focus on getting TUT... just move your body explosively.

Unless there's a posted interval for the eccentric, bottom, concentric, top then you really don't need to focus on getting TUT... just move your body explosively.

Ok, I have read the book, but i don't remember if coach Sommer give some suggestion with time of concentric, eccentric, etc etc...

In a old article he is suggest t.e. 313 for hanging leg lift. Is it important use a controlled eccentric phase?

Ok, I have read the book, but i don't remember if coach Sommer give some suggestion with time of concentric, eccentric, etc etc...

In a old article he is suggest t.e. 313 for hanging leg lift. Is it important use a controlled eccentric phase?

Depends on what you're aiming to accomplish.

With some of the technical skills it may be necessary to learn to control both parts of the movement.

Depends on what you're aiming to accomplish.

With some of the technical skills it may be necessary to learn to control both parts of the movement.

My aiming is strenght and body mass.

Then you want to make the concentric as fast as possible.

Eccentric will always be quick as well UNLESS you are working with eccentrics such as slow eccentric from inverted hang to hang for things like front lever.

Then you want to make the concentric as fast as possible.

Eccentric will always be quick as well UNLESS you are working with eccentrics such as slow eccentric from inverted hang to hang for things like front lever.

ok, tnx!