Find results in...

Four Questions

Matt Shoemaker

Matt Shoemaker

Hey guys

I've got four questions

The routine I gathered from BtGB was this:

M,T,H,F do all of this

warmup/joint prehab, pulling hold & movement, pressing hold & movement, core/back hold & movement, leg hold & movement.

Handstands 2 days a week

W stretch

Here are my questions:

Am I supposed to be doing all of this four days a week? On this board most people seem to be splitting up pulling, pushing, etc but from the book I thought we were supposed to do all of it.

I know we are supposed to be linking the hold with the movement, but I can't quite match them up. Pulling is back or front lever? Pressing is planche. Abs is obvious, but I can't figure out anything for lower body...maybe back lever?

What should I do to stretch on Wednesday? My flexibility is not good.I can touch my toes properly, but keeping my hands there is another matter. I remember easily being able to do splits when I was a kid so this is frustrating.

All I have right now is a pair of paralettes, I should get dip/pullup bars and rings in the next couple months, but for now what should I do at the gym? I think my biceps are suffering most from not having rings.

Hi, I'm not very flexible either I have heard good things about relax into stretching by pavel on dragondoor.com. Also Coach Sommers is coming out with Liquid steel although I don't know when I believe it covers this question. Chin ups for the biceps if they really need more work. I'm still new to so I can't give much more help then that sorry mate.

PVC in the oven, shape them and put rope through them.

If you have a single rail or something to hang on and parallettes, you are well on your way.

If you're ready for the volume, you can do that all in 1 workout.

Lower body would be SLS and deck squats and jumps and floor glute ham or squatting or deadlifting if you use WL.

Back or front lever are both pulling. In the embedded WOD's you'll usually see pulling in tandem with the back lever and abs/lower back with the front lever. Pressing can also be HSPU.

What is it that you want to stretch. For most, shoulders and hips, hams and lower back are the target areas besides wrists.

Matt Shoemaker
For most, shoulders and hips, hams and lower back are the target areas besides wrists.

That sounds good to me. Right now I'm using the routine from the video you posted for wrist prehab as well as Coach Sommer's wrist pushups. I don't know anything about stretching at all so any help is extremely welcome.

Brandon has just about the all the resources on stretching you could want. His basic stretching program is based on what I do at the lower levels besides being quick and dirty. Nothing great, nothing horrible and easy to implement.

http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/stretching/

Perhaps we need to sticky or document all the stretching tips on GB in one post. Hmm.