Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Workout for Bboy?

BboyDfresh

Hello y'all,

So I've been a long-time lurker and searching for a solution to my situation.

So I'm a bboy (or breakdancer as most people know), and gymnasts and bboys have quite a bit in common when it comes to power moves and freezes. 

Here's a little showcase of a Bboy from Korea, Bboy Kill

And Bboy Junior from France

Now I'm trying to lose body fat and trying to create a workout in order to suit this need. However I don't want to look like the Hulk when I'm done and would like to  have the gymnast physique instead. 

How should I tailor my workout in terms of free weights? I know that I must do many bodyweight exersices, but I haven't changed much, losing only 1% body fat. 

I heard around here that I should go more Olympic weightlifting, lots of weight and short reps. Is that what I should do?

Alexander Egebak

Hello y'all,

So I've been a long-time lurker and searching for a solution to my situation.

So I'm a bboy (or breakdancer as most people know), and gymnasts and bboys have quite a bit in common when it comes to power moves and freezes. 

Here's a little showcase of a Bboy from Korea, Bboy Kill

And Bboy Junior from France

Now I'm trying to lose body fat and trying to create a workout in order to suit this need. However I don't want to look like the Hulk when I'm done and would like to  have the gymnast physique instead. 

How should I tailor my workout in terms of free weights? I know that I must do many bodyweight exersices, but I haven't changed much, losing only 1% body fat. 

I heard around here that I should go more Olympic weightlifting, lots of weight and short reps. Is that what I should do?

Body weight exercises are the way to go. Weightlifting is only trying to mimic strength in the positions and moves that bboys naturally are doing when breakdancing, and mimicking will fall short to the real deal, doing what you do when you dance - in a more structured manner.

I would recommend foundation 1 and handstand 1. Those will give you solid base strength. Especially the handstand progressions, planche progressions and manna progressions will help you the others will certainly too. Also, you will have a balanced physique without any risks of injuries whatsoever.