Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-Sit Trouble

ArGy Koutsopoulos

ArGy Koutsopoulos

Hello everyone! Im 6 ft tall and when i do the Lsit on the floor i can barely hold it for about 5-8 secs before fallin down and also my legs barely get lifted from the ground. I dont believe that im missin core-triceps strength as im able to do a Back lever and many other difficult exercises. I also stretch my hamstrings daily but i dont really train legs. Should i train my legs more as they are important in order to lift my legs higher and perform a better Lsit? Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

Can you do hanging leg-lifts? How many? How many dips can you do? A back lever doesn't use much core or triceps, so that's not really indicative of your tricep and ab strength. 

If you could post a video it could be really helpful. To me it sounds like you have a lack of active flexibility and maybe you're not properly depressing your scapula.

• Upvote 1

Douglas Wadle

I agree with the above comments.  Many people believe they have good core strength, but they really lack ability to compress those muscles.  I suspect that is your challenge.  

• Upvote 3

ArGy Koutsopoulos

Hello again!Thanks for replying everyone!After i read your answer i tried hangin leg lifts with the knees tucked and i could easily do over 50 ( i felt the pain more in my hip flexors) As for the dips i havent tried my max but i can give you an example of my triceps strength.Before a week i did 600 push ups and then i did 250 dips in 20 mins (full ROM). I might be able to post a photo of me holdin an Lsit tomorrow so that you can all see my form and tell me if im doin sth wrong.Furthermore how can i improve my active flexibility and my core compression?

Douglas Wadle

"Furthermore how can i improve my active flexibility and my core compression?"

That, my friend, is why you buy the foundation program.

Joshua Slocum

Hello again!Thanks for replying everyone!After i read your answer i tried hangin leg lifts with the knees tucked and i could easily do over 50 ( i felt the pain more in my hip flexors) As for the dips i havent tried my max but i can give you an example of my triceps strength.Before a week i did 600 push ups and then i did 250 dips in 20 mins (full ROM). I might be able to post a photo of me holdin an Lsit tomorrow so that you can all see my form and tell me if im doin sth wrong.Furthermore how can i improve my active flexibility and my core compression?

Instead of doing tucked leg-lifts you should do them with straight legs. After all, an L-sit isn't done with tucked legs. 

• Upvote 3

I personally improved my active flexibility and core compression by doing controlled full hanging leg lifts without leaning back ( for this you could use a partner or something similar to a stall bar) and with a pause at the top, and doing seated leg lifts in pike.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts, given your height is that the hip flexors are not strong enough. You probably got some long legs.

How's your L-hang? I find L-sit more difficult because of compression but it's good to train those hip flexors. Mine sucks these days as I don't really train it anymore or maybe they are fried from WLing.