Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SS static hold question

Dreadrok

ok so right now im holding a tucked planche for 7 second working sets. but on occasion i tip over ending my 7 second set short.

so in staying true to a steady state cycle, should i jump back and finish the set and get my total time to 7 seconds?

for example..

im doing a tucked planche and tip over at 4 seconds in. i have been just getting back into a tuck planche and doing a quick 3 second one asap to round off my 7 second set.

i dont fall much but just want to know if im doing it right? or should i just count that lame set and move on to my next exercise and hope for better next try?

thanks

Richard Duelley

I do what you do as well except I usually just tack on an extra hold just to make sure I didnt cheat myself by counting to fast or wimping out at the last second and thus not keeping form for the full rep.

If you look at the embedded GB WOD's you'll notice that they rx 1-2 holds, not just 1 hold for the volume of time that is to be held.

My summation of this protocol is that it is ok to do so long you are not pushing yourself beyond that 50% point if doing SSC. It might be best for the second hold to be shorter than the remaining hold time because there is the action of pressing or lowering into the position and this takes a bit more effort than just simply holding the position for time.