Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Feedback on Steady State Cycle?

kilch012

This will be my first Gymnastic Strength Training™ cycle. I have been experimenting with a multitude of body weight training exercises (mostly on rings) and it inevitably led me here. Needless to say I am sold on it or I wouldn't have bought the book already and spent countless hours pouring over it's pages trying to pick out workouts. I believe this to be a pretty straightforward program I started it today. The workouts below are rotated on a Mon, Tues, Thurs split with Sun reserved for either climbing or a Ropes course that I am lucky enough to have access to above the pool where I work. I am desperately seeking any constructive criticism on the plan, so that I don't waste 8 weeks and hurt myself. I admit that it looks a little aggressive for just starting out but I am using the fact that I have a pretty substantial strength base from rock climbing and some advanced military training. I have also modified some of the workouts already after some trial and error, to better fit my "actual" ability level rather than try to fuel my ego. I plan on using the leg workouts just as often as the upper body workouts, since I only constructed two of them, they will just get rotated every other workout. Anyone has been playing with this for awhile please let me know what you think I am missing or maybe need to tone down. Thanks for the help, the workouts are posted below.

STRENGTH TRAINING WORKOUTS

LEGS #1:

Front Lever Tuck 10x6 Sec (Static/Straight Bar)

Natural Leg Curls 3x5

Jumping Deck Squats 3x5

Legs #2

Front Lever Tuck 10x6 Sec (Static/Straight Bar)

SLS Negatives 3x5

Half GHR 3x5

UPPER BODY #1:

Planche Frogstand (Static/Floor)

PPP 3x5 (Rings)

Straddle-L (Static/PB)

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x5

UPPER BODY #2:

Back Lever Tuck 6x10 Sec (Static/Rings)

Inverted Pull-Ups 3x5

L-Sit 6x10 Sec (Static/Rings)

Hanging Leg Lifts 3x5

UPPER BODY #3:

Ring Dips 3x5

Back Pull Negative 3x5

Back Lever Tuck 6x10 Sec

L-Pull Ups 3x5

UPPER BODY #4:

HeSPU 3x5 (Wall)

Back Lever Tuck 6x10Sec

Jumping Muscle Ups 3x5

Front Pull Negative 3x5

As you can see I just integrated the static work with my pulling and pressing, once I complete the static work for a given position I move to the FBE that it is paired with. Every Mon, Tue, Thur I will have one of the two leg workouts paired with one of the four upper body workouts. I will do about 30 min of warm up and then complete the workout.