Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My basic Shoulder ROM and stabilization routine

Guest Ido Portal

Guest Ido Portal

In a recent blog post i shared some information about shoulder pre/rehab work with elastic bands.

It is a basic routine from many exercises I created over the years, in a belief range of motion and stability should be promoted together for optimal health and performance.

http://idoportal.blogspot.com/2009/07/preparations-for-our-daily-training.html

Enjoy,

Ido.

very good post! :D been looking for something like that shoulder routine, its definately better than how i used to do my prehab and stretching.

I can't get the PM article though, can anyone tell me how to?

Richard Duelley

I just got done reading your old article in The Performance Menu about the QDR and I am defiantly going to add that position into my daily handbalancing practice. It doesnt look to different than a one arm elbow lever so I think I will pick it up quickly. I think I am also going to invest in a set of bands like you used in the video. I am currently just working with a single length of green therapy tubing (so I can only work one arm at a time).

Great info, as always :mrgreen:

-Ricky

I can't get the PM article though, can anyone tell me how to?

This is how I did it:

Followed the link in the blog post, then clicked on add to cart, registered, and went to checkout.

I don't know, if it is possible to download it without registration, this was just the quickest way I figured out.

Richard Duelley

For the article, you have to "buy" it just like anything else that uses a web based shopping cart system. Except this item cost $0.00 and you just download it once you finish the checkout process. I didnt even have to enter any credit card info I just clicked through after typing in my name and address.

Its a neat little ezine that also includes some good looking recipes.

Edward Smith

Ido,

I was experimenting with something like this a while ago, intereseting. I perform Coach Sommer's wrists series (most trainings), followed by my own shoulder prep of:

-arm circles, forward and back

-easy dislocates

-wallabies (One of Coach Sommer's exercises)

-wall handstand foucusing on the shrug

-dead hang shrugs

-wall extensions

-some more dislocates

If I start using your shoulder routine, would it replace my own or could/should I just add it in?

Ed

Guest Ido Portal

I like to do a non weighted joint mobility work (sometimes extensive) , then some sort of elastic band work and then the more heavy bodyweight/weighted work. Most times I prefer the heavier stuff to be placed with specific ER prehab work in the end of the workout to prevent performance problems during the workout itself. (You DO NOT want to fatigue your external rotators and trapeze before standing on one arm)

A very good heavy (both weighted and bodyweight use) shoulder routine was created by Coach Sommer and used frequently with his athletes, but for that you will have to wait patiently to the next seminar or for the coach's next book.

Ido.