Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training/rehabilitation after a collarbone surgery

Pooey

Hello,

Decided to register after doing some research, reading the forum and listening to the podcasts by coach Sommer. So here is a small introduction and some questions about foundation one and possible exercices while injured.

I'm three weeks into recovery after breaking my collarbone while snowboarding. As far as I can tell the recovery is going well so far, but my hand is stil in a sling for another week and only allowed physical activity with the arm are lifting objects with the maximum weight of a coffee cup and swinging the arm back and forth like a pendulum in a position similar to dumbbell rowing. Climbing the walls to get back to some physical activity just because I cant right after spending most of the summer on my ass getting fat. Air squats and leg lifts on the floor are pretty much the only things i could come up with that i can easily do without straining my shoulder. (in my current shape these do the job of getting my body sore for few days just fine) =)

I am really interested in the foundations one course and was wondering if it would be suitable for me rehabilitating after an injury like this when i hopefully get the permission to start putting some load on the arm and shoulder in January?

Especially the mobility elements are interesting to me since i have gotten stiff as a brick during last few years. Also the insane core strenght apparently gained through this type of training interests me greatly. I think the handstand series will have to wait for a few months since I assume that even while being basic the strain to my shoulder (and my wallet..) might be a bit too much to begin with. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To blow some steam until I can start the course, I would also appreciate some ideas for bodyweight movements besides bodyweight squats and bent leg lifts from the floor as well as some ideas for streching my posterior chain since i am apparently nowdays unable to perform a leg lift with straight legs.. controlled full range of motion in these would be difficult due to lack of strenght but impossible because of mobility.. So stretching ideas for back, glutes, hamstrings and calves that are possible to perform with out the use of arms?

Long posts are born of boredom apparently =)