Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jeff B. Intro

Jeff Baliff

Hi all,

I'm in my early 40's and, while I appear healthy and fit from the outside, suffer from too many years of sitting in a chair, not moving, and generally being frozen in place. My dream is to move -- in general -- freely, with strength, and even with a certain physical beauty in motion.

I used to train Crossfit religiously for 1 1/2 years until I suffered a L5-S1 disc herniation 1 year ago (summer 2013) from deadlifting and have not been consistently training since. (BTW, if anyone has any success stories with sciatica without surgery, let me know what you did training-wise, please!) I'm not interested in rehashing the pros/cons of Crossfit. However, my age and experience has made me a believer of Coach Sommer's training philosophy and method. Fascia, soft tissue health, basic movements, having certain foundation abilities before attempting anything else -- this is what I feel is key.

Leaving Crossfit has left me without another element that I feel is key to training -- a community of like-minded individuals seriously pursuing similar goals. I hope to find that -- and support that community -- through these forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am in similar situation (45, injured ex-crossfitter) and am also looking for injury-free strength and mobility gains.  I am only 2 months into GST.  So far so good but I do miss training with others.

I am hoping GB will reopen the workout log section of forums as I feel like it might help build a bit more community feeling to the forums.

Hope you back heals and gains strength quickly :)