Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bought the whole package...where do i start?

Brandon Shiwsankar

matthew.percussion

Did you read the whole book?

Start with statics and basic strength exercises.

Do one movement for each part of the body every day that you work out.

Keep the reps and sets low.

That's basically how it goes. :mrgreen:

For the static holds refer to page 171 in the book. I do my static work before the strength portion of my workout, on page 178 the book explains how to integrate the static holds with appropriate strength exercises. I have integrated mine into a steady state cycle as explained on page 180. On page 176 in the second paragraph the book shows what strength exercises should be paired together. There are multiple ways to set up a program so find the ones that work for you, I chose to integrate static with the steady state because Coach Sommer explains in the book he has had great success with these protocols. Hope this helps.

Adam

Before you set up any program using GB you need to find out your max reps for whatever movement you intend to employ. If you cannot get into front or back lever tucked, I reccomend you do negatives or using some sort of assisting spot like a band or block.

I really like using the embedded programming from the mainpage for my boys. We do 3 sets of embedded holds+ FundamentalBodyweightExercise which I call isokinetics for simplicity ( ideally the movement would have the same tempo from start to finish vs doing it with some really tricky machinery ).

Sometimes, I like 4-5 rounds of static holds with appropriate rest and then doing 2-3 rounds of FBE. Generally we'll do 3x5 of leg strength or leg power movements and wrap up with straddle L work and move on to flexibility work.

I've had to alter the program to doing rounds of movements versus seconds because my boys apparently are very poor at counting what is 3s or 5s or 10s. Their idea of 5s is 2 maybe 3s if that. 10s is 5s. Even my senior boys are poor at this. With the younger more developing athletes, it is more simple to prescribe 5 or 10 rounds since I know they can barely do 2s hold. I cannot get them to do 30 holds of 2s or 15. 5-10 works pretty well in this regard.