Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-sit is not improving

Joakim Andersson

Joakim Andersson

All the things I do in my ring training improve - BL, FL, dips... - many of them even get better for every session that I do. But the L-sit is the same, I still have to struggle with 3x30 seconds. I tried HLL's today for the first time in quite a while and did 3x10 compared to 3x5 last time. So I'm getting stronger, but not in the L-sit.

How can I break the barrier and go on?

Or should I be content with 3x30s and progress to something else? The problem here is that I'd like to do a one minute L-sit :) would that be unnecessary?

You can try to work l-sit walks aswell and besides that it's just endurance training to go for 1 minute so you can try to up the volume to maybe 5x30s or you can add weight to your ancles and work more strength and still expect endurance improvements.

Just suggestions :)

Joakim Andersson

I'll your advice on L-sit walking, I can't perform that one yet... how hard is it to learn properly?

with your strength it shouldn't be that hard I would say, once you get the whole weightshifting idea you should improve pretty fast.

Joshua Naterman

I took this advice on the l-sit walking too, it's pretty neat. I can get about 10 feet now lol! Not even in a full L, it's more like an in-between stage between a tuck and a L. The weight shifting is pretty weird, but I like how it feels! All this stuff is really adding to my wrist strength, which is really starting to enable me to do more stuff, I can just barely keep my body off of my arms in the horizontal split leg manna hold! Pretty exciting stuff, I think :) Thank you for the L-sit walk reminder!

Don't forget to work on your flexibility... poor flexibility in hamstring especially will limit your L-sits.