Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Terrysarsoff introduction

Darryl Martin

Darryl Martin

Hello to all,

My name is Darryl and I look forward to conversing with the helpful ones of you who decide to engage me during my attempts to make this gymnastic bodies gig a success for myself.

ABOUT ME:

Im a 36 year old male from Australia, Brisbane to be exact. I currently work exclusively nights (6pm-7am) 4 nights a week, which hasn't left me a lot of time for what I would consider "usual training", that said, we get a fair bit of down time during those shifts in which I'm hoping to implement this training material as the equipment required seems minimal. I also own an MMA gym out here which keeps me busy for the rest of the week.

I used to train and fight (boxing and MMA) in the late 90's early 2000's, from that point I went on to do security based jobs for the next 14 years give or take. Although this has been a fun profession it lead me down a road of silly amounts of weight lifting and by silly I mean, lift as much weight as possible at all times to try an impress people, always train through injuries to make sure you don't shrink and training chest and Bi minimum 3 times a week ( come on, we've all been there)

These activities have left me kinda stiff and broken. Knees are fine, back is pretty good but the shoulders and neck are cactus! Both shoulders are quite rounded, nearly permanently impinged and anything overhead hurts. Neck is permanently stiff and in a forward head position. My overall mobility has been described as that of an 70 year old, to which I concur, it is in fact terrible.

GOALS:

Firstly, just make a start, start training and get in the habit of it all over again. From there I guess I should start addressing some of these issues before getting too excited, which is why I chosen this program, it seems to come highly praised for helping those of us who are a little broken. I guess then I'd like to see how deep the rabbit hole goes, I've never really done anything like this (unless pushups count) so I'm a bit excited to see what all the hype is about.

QUESTIONS:

Where to start, I mean obviously at the beginning but I'm assuming some of you will have been doing this for awhile and can give me some pointers, do's and don't's. 

How to modify the program for when I'm at work as I may not have access to any equipment at all other than myself.

I'm also going to be recommencing my MMA training (just recreationally these days) is this program (gymnastic bodies F1) suitable to run in conjunction with my other training?

and finally... Is there anyone on the forum from Brisbane? If so, lets get together and do some training, what say you?

Thank you to anyone who bothers to read this, I'm not exactly sure if this is the style of thing that's meant to be written on this section of forum but hey it's out there now, on the line.

Cheers 

Darryl