Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bicep development

Guest jawbkk

Guest jawbkk

I seem to be much stronger on the push movements rather than the pull movements and this is clearly reflected in the size of my triceps compared to my biceps.

How can I bring the strength of my biceps up and subsequent bicep size?

Strangely enough, my back is well developed muscular wise. I can't figure out why other than I have poor pulling levers in my arms??? :(

It can happen. I had the same problem too...solution? Use ring training! In a couple of weeks you will have the opposite problem.

Guest jawbkk

Thanks Filipe...

I have bought some rings 2 weeks ago and I am just starting to use them. Naturally I am stronger at pressing again!!

What exercises do you recommend that hit the biceps hard?

Thanks.

John

Guest cccp21
There's a whole couple chapters on pulling exercises in the book

********* Has anyone ever done bicep curls on the rings? In other words curled themselves up

with their bodyweight that is. Is that actually possible?

Brandon Green

********* Has anyone ever done bicep curls on the rings? In other words curled themselves up

Brandon Green

Are you referring to the inverted chin up? Mine looks like a bicep curl, I'll have to look at the video again to make sure I am doing it correctly but that is basically how I do the inverted curl. I hit the biceps this way and I do tricep layouts on the rings as well for the opposing muscle on a later day. I have noticed development in these muscle groups more than any other area and they seem to be developing together nicely.

Guest cccp21

Brandon Green

Are you referring to the inverted chin up? Mine looks like a bicep curl, I'll have to look at the video again to make sure I am doing it correctly but that is basically how I do the inverted curl. I hit the biceps this way and I do tricep layouts on the rings as well for the opposing muscle on a later day. I have noticed development in these muscle groups more than any other area and they seem to be developing together nicely.

********* that's correct inverted chin. What bicep measurements do you have at what bodyweight and height?

Brandon Green

Body weight=145

Height=6'1"

I didn't measure my biceps before I started working out, I wish I had now. I will find some measuring tape and try to get a video of my inverted chin up posted tomorrow since I will be working this movement then. I basically started with a skeleton and am building muscle from there though but with my body weight I am curling about 72.5 pounds (32.89 kg). Also I re-watched the video and the curling movement does not go through the same ROM as it would with a barbell, I will try my best tomorrow to increase the ROM and see if I can do it.

Guest cccp21

Brandon Green

********* that's correct inverted chin. What bicep measurements do you have at what bodyweight and height?

Brandon Green

Really i mean UPSIDE DOWN chin up!

Brandon Green

I did the inverted curls today and the ROM is less than an upside down chin-up although I think with a spotter it could be done. Not by me, but someone stronger I think could do it. My inverted curl looks almost exactly like the gymnast in the BtGB video. Most of the workouts I do on the rings work the biceps though, I feel like the curling motions and the back/front levers work my arms well. With my training so far I think I have balanced development in my biceps as compared to the triceps.

Joshua Naterman

Get spotted to a shoulderstand or get there yourself, then do a negative down to inverted hang.