Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another elbow pain topic

Peter Marton

Hey  all,

there are pretty lot topic with elbow issues.. I also have pain in my right elbow for years (I think 5 is a little but lets say 5). Not long ago I realized that it isn't just the tendon but the joint too. If I lock my elbow and start to flex it the pain comes gradually also if the arm is bent but in this case the pain is a little different. This is the least strain I can put on my elbow. If I go to support its worse.

Of course this is happened because i trained for long time enough (2-3 years) with too much load without preparation (plenty plenty of tuck planches because I wanted -straddle- planche so badly but without succes) of course I did other basic gymnastic moves but it seems they weren't basic enough especially (tuck) planches or I did it too frequently. I was really unpatient.

And because I'm pretty fluctuant so is the training which means that there was time when I did't train for months or near half 6 a year. But almost nothing change in my elbow.

So I looking for solutions not just for me but the others too who have similar problems. And there are others with similar problems as I see. 

Maybe its important that I did F1 about 2-3 month than I quit (lack of energy, tiredness) and during this time my elbow wasn't happy.

Please DON't leave a reply if you are not an expert or you're not near to an expert in this kind of issue or/and practical gymnastics training.

Thank you

I think you provided you own answer: Erratic, inconsistent training of too high intensity.

To get better, first get checked by a physician to see if anything is mechanically wrong with the joint. If you're cleared to continue training, do the opposite of the above:

• Take a few weeks total break from elbow related exercise, to make the pain subside.
  • Be consistent - Either you train or you don't.
  • Follow a plan.
  • Realise that you're probably a lot weaker than you think - Don't worry, most of us here has had to come to terms with that uncomfortable realisation. Once you have reset your strength delusions, you can move forward.
  • Start with the very basics, as mentioned in the prerequisite thread on this forum.
  • Work up to high numbers of reps with ease - Forget about 5x5 templates until you're at a much more advanced level.

If you can afford it, get F1 and H1. If not, well, at least be conservative in your training. Train hard, but don't kill yourself, and make sure you get appropriate rest. If your performance and strength doesn't increase, it's possible that you need more rest between sessions.

Good luck with the healing.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Ravn,

I wrote that I already did F1 but somehow missed to write that I did it together with H1 :facepalm:  

I already spent a lot of time without any training or exercising (not just once) and yes the pain reduced almost disappeared (maybe completely). But as I started to train again my elbow became sensitive again.. The simple rest doesn't solved the problem. According to this I don't think if I tie up my right arm -due to complete rest- would make any difference.. but maybe it does I don't know.

Daniel Burnham

Unfortunately you appear to have chronic tendinosis. It's not trivial to get rid of. Resting will not be enough. Best bet is to get some imaging done by a physician. I recommend one that specializes in non-operative care. Usually this consists of an ultrasound to look at the structure and may require MRI

You will require rehab therapy. This should be administered by a therapist. Generally it will consist of eccentric exercises combined with massage. You basically have to tell your body to heal the area because you have left it damaged so long. Likely you will have some long lasting effects including thickening and maybe impingement on nerves.

Expect about 6 -12 month recovery.