Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stiff legged windmill and the static seated shoulder flexion

Bret Kennedy

Hello all.

so back in now 4 weeks, and I am feeling pretty good.

I have a few issues with hip mobility especially for the swivel hips, just working on some things to increase ROM for internal external rotations.

My questions relate to the title though. With the stiff legged windmill I am comfortably using 10kg for the movement, is this movement predominantly to increase the length of the hamstrings and extensor chain as a whole? looking at the video, mastery for this is your torso moving just below horizontal. Would that be accurate? I feel that the notes are just not enough to have a full understanding of the mastery part of this element.

the second is the shoulder flexion as part of the first handstand series.

I am able to use a 15kg bar sitting down. I am able to move my hands and arms behind me as in the video, but my lower back does start to round, which I can feel. Is this exercise aimed at inceasing a stretch through the pec muslces, front delt and over all increasing the stretch across the chest. There seems to be a strength component relating to an isometric hold that engages the scapula in a retracted position, is this again what we are aiming for in this? 

thanks for any insights.

bret

Alexander Egebak

Hello all.

so back in now 4 weeks, and I am feeling pretty good.

I have a few issues with hip mobility especially for the swivel hips, just working on some things to increase ROM for internal external rotations.

My questions relate to the title though. With the stiff legged windmill I am comfortably using 10kg for the movement, is this movement predominantly to increase the length of the hamstrings and extensor chain as a whole? looking at the video, mastery for this is your torso moving just below horizontal. Would that be accurate? I feel that the notes are just not enough to have a full understanding of the mastery part of this element.

the second is the shoulder flexion as part of the first handstand series.

I am able to use a 15kg bar sitting down. I am able to move my hands and arms behind me as in the video, but my lower back does start to round, which I can feel. Is this exercise aimed at inceasing a stretch through the pec muslces, front delt and over all increasing the stretch across the chest. There seems to be a strength component relating to an isometric hold that engages the scapula in a retracted position, is this again what we are aiming for in this? 

thanks for any insights.

bret

Move your question to F1 forum.