Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front Lever Time Decreased

LilRunt

Hello there, I've been practicing Adv. Tuck Front Lever for about 8 weeks now, I had 3x45 seconds. About 3 weeks ago I felt a bit sore in my lats (mainly because I found that all the exercises I did worked the lats), so I decided to take a small break for a whole week and change to a different routine where I didn't work my lats everyday.

Now suddenly my front lever decreased to the first set I could a full 45s, then the second set 40s and the third set 30s. I am increasing steadily in other exercises, but this one is the only one that decreased, I don't understand it would suddenly decrease after just one week.

Edited by LilRunt

Alessandro Mainente

There are different factor involving the expression of strength.

For example , for me decrease the mobility reflects loss of strength. this sounds to be strange but  the strength of a muscle depends on it's resting length. so this is logic. another reason could be the over training, and usually the body could take more then a week.

btw you are not losing the maximal strength the first the is equal as the previous week but only seconds in the following sets. this is more close to endurance training, this is typical body component the usually you lose first. more then maximal strength. do not be afraid of that...

• Upvote 2

Ahhh ok, thanks, I was kind of worried there :P

I also have another question. I have played around with the Straddle Front Lever a few times before and I found that I can hold it pretty easily for about 8-10 seconds (although that's just one set, I didn't want to try anymore sets as it was my rest day). Should I switch to the Straddle Front Lever or is it really recommended to add that last 15s to get to 60s on my Adv Tucked Front Lever?

Stick with advance tuck lever for at least twelve weeks. Reassess at the end of twelve weeks. Remember your skeleton gets it's muscular strength from the tendons. Tendons take at least 12 weeks to become stronger.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2