Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about integrated and ladder sets

Guest Andario

Guest Andario

Hey everyone,

Coach Sommer mentions in the basic strength training section of BtGB that is it best to pair exercises and rotate between them. I took this to mean supersetting, which I have been using with a 3x5 traditional training design. Was I correct in this assumption? In this way I was performing all of my basic strength without rest, then performing my fundamental static positions afterwards, with about 30-45 seconds of rest between. If I was to do integrated training would the correct thing to do be, say, a FSP I can hold for about 10-15 sec, rest less than 30 sec, do the paired FBE, rest, opposite FSP, rest, opposite FBE, and then finish whatever static time I needed to complete 60 seconds work time?...then do the other half of the workout (leg/core, assuming I did press/pull first)?

If I wanted to dabble with regular ladders, probably 1,2,3 x sets setup (anyone experience with this?), How would I organize it? 1 rep push, 1 pull, 2 push, 2 pull...supersetting and taking rest between sets? If so, how could I incorporate integrated training? Is this reasonable, or should I go with what I outlined above with the traditional style integrated?

Thanks a lot to any who reply,

Andrew