Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation is only Foundational!

Andrew Graham

Murray Truelove

No doubt they're strong but Foundation is the foundation for ring training.

Also, a lot of what's in the video is in Foundation.

• Upvote 2

..erm...i'm sorry but i totally disagree!....Hardly any of the moves seen here (at this level) are in foundation!....Foundation teaches gives you the strength to be basic at the 7 elements. It doesn't prepare you to have someone planche on your side whilst you are in a side lever,  planche on the dorsal face of your wrists nor does it prepare you to catch yourself in a back lever after flying through the air...!?!?!

Hense why i started the topic...foundation is ONLY foundational

..erm...i'm sorry but i totally disagree!....Hardly any of the moves seen here (at this level) are in foundation!....Foundation teaches gives you the strength to be basic at the 7 elements. It doesn't prepare you to have someone planche on your side whilst you are in a side lever,  planche on the dorsal face of your wrists nor does it prepare you to catch yourself in a back lever after flying through the air...!?!?!

Hense why i started the topic...foundation is ONLY foundational

The above statement is not very logical:

- Is it possible to do a loaded SL without first having mastered the SL?

- Is it possible to do a planche on the back of the wrists without having first mastered the PL?

- As to the back lever, IMO beginners should not train back lever nor should intermediates do so either without the proper mobility in place as the incidences of recent biceps ruptures have shown. As for flying through the air and then catching in a back lever ... that is beyond foolish and will impose a high physical cost down the road.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Think you misunderstood coach, I'm completely agreeing with you. I was just answering the statement above. The exercises seen in the video are far more advanced than the foundational elements. Hense, why I was saying that the level of movements seen here are not the same as Foundation.

• Upvote 1

Inspiring, looks as thou they can control their bodies in a way they want, not sure I would like to do the same things but they do sure possesses a great deal of power and mobility.