Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Twist & Back grip pullups for working the extensors

rubadub

I do a fair bit of grip training but neglect the extensors too much. I know you could do palm down wrist curls or overhand bicep curls but I would prefer a compound movement. You can get elastic bands to put on your fingers & pull apart but I would like more trackable progress.

I saw this video which was partly intended for people training with injuries where they could not grip the bar, but they seem good for the extensors. I did these with 1" webbing straps, his look bigger, I did end up with red marks on my wrists, not sore but could be better, I might use gloves or get wider wedding or something else. I think he uses yoga straps. I did the twist grip pullups but only managed rows with the full back grip.

Is there another name for these? Do you think they are worthwhile?

Ud5KdVxyg0Y

They are worthwhile if you have golfer's elbow, and can still do them without pain. I've wrote a topic on this in the joints section. For my injury, the back grip worked well; twist grip still had too much strain for my taste. I am very close to making a full recovery, and haven't had pain in weeks.

As a strengthening exercise, I don't know. I have felt a much better workout using reverse wrist curls in the past.

As a strengthening exercise, I don't know. I have felt a much better workout using reverse wrist curls in the past.

Right, I hate doing reverse curls, I could also only manage light weights. I looked on youtube and people seem to tilt their hand/forearm a bit which makes it more comfortable. I also noticed even big guys were using quite low weights. I thought I had a great imbalance lifting such small weights, but maybe not.

Joshua Naterman

Right, I hate doing reverse curls, I could also only manage light weights. I looked on youtube and people seem to tilt their hand/forearm a bit which makes it more comfortable. I also noticed even big guys were using quite low weights. I thought I had a great imbalance lifting such small weights, but maybe not.

What constitutes low weight?