Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist bone subluxation or congenital limited flexibility?

Grudge

I've been living with "problem" wrists for most of my adult life.

I can do tons of kettlebell work, and pushups on my knuckles are no problem (in fact, that's the ONLY way I can do them), as both these exercise variants require the hands to be in-line with the forearms. The issue is that I have limited mobility in my wrists.

What do I mean by "limited mobility"? When I stretch my hands back (or do a regular palm-down pushup), I get to a point (about 90 degrees relative to my forearms) where my wrists literally STOP MOVING, not from reaching the limits of the tendon's stretch (I don't even feel that as I stretch often *and* I'm pretty flexible in most all my joints) but something in the area of the wrist joint that's acting like some sort of "doorstop". :shock:

Assisted stretching (pushing lightly on my fingertips/palm) I can get my hand *maybe* 90 degrees back in relation to my wrist before it just stops, at this point I feel zero pain. With pressure applied to my palm (as in a pushup) the same 90 degrees is EXTREMELY painful on the TOP of my wrist. Because of my stretching, I feel zero pain (not even a pull), in the tendons that would indicate a simple lack of flexibility. I think something is MECHANICALLY wrong with my wrists.

Oddly enough, when I attempt to stretch my hands FOREWARD, I have pain the the EXACT SAME SPOT. I can point my hands foreward to only about 70-75 degrees down (relative to my forearms), again, no pain or even stretching (resistance) in the tendons, just the localized slight pain in the top of my wrists when no weight is applied. But when weight is applied... oh boy, I literally cannot do a "wrist pushup" (where you push off on the BACKS of your hands) AT ALL.

BTW - this condition affects BOTH my wrists in the exact same way.

I haven't done anything about this prior to now because I could simply work past it, but now that I'm starting the BtGB routines, I'm running into brick walls even attempting to start something simple like frogstands.

Anybody else have this issue? Been to a doc for it? Any way to alliviate it?

Help! I need somebody...

HELP!! Not just anybody...

• 5 weeks later...

Can you work the wrist pushup while on your knees or simply not even get into that position?

Do a frogstand on parallettes if need be.