This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Formcheck HS/PE1 Tripod & HS/PE1-iM

Started by Hanlim Lee, September 7, 2014 · 2 Replies · 136 Views

Hanlim Lee

Hi, everyone. Give me some good critiques on my form. ^^

 

 

#1 HS/PE1 Tripod.

 

 

- In the demo video, the athlete uses his forehead, not the top of it. 

 

But I see many people uses the top of the head to make tripod in their form check video. Which is correct? 

 

- When I put my legs on my arms, my arms shake a bit and that transmits more weight on my head causing my neck hurts a bit. Anyone suffer same weakness? Any cues for this? 

 

#2 HS/PE1>iM

 

 

- How much do I have to lean forward? Is there any quick standard?

 

(something like 'if you look down, you should be able to see your navel')

 

- And in Dannycopter's formcheck

 

 

Coach Sommer said:

Narrow that grip to shoulder width or less, increase the forward tilt of your torso and get those ribs pulled in and down.

Yours in FItness,
Coach Sommer

 

 

But as I tried to force my torso to lean, my ribs are open because I tried to create the tilt by pushing my chest out. 

 

Which of them should I choose if I cannot achieve both, tilt or closed ribs? Any tips?

 

- As I tried to straight my arms, I got stiffer even though it is mobility workout. Is it okay to bent them slightly?

Jeremy Huston

For the IM: Use a lighter bar.  5 lb / 2.5 kg should be sufficient to start.  Use a wider grip so you're able to get the full lean with ribs pulled down.  Over time work the grip narrower.  Then you can start over with more weight and wide grip.

TANSTAAFL

Ditto what tex said. 3-5lbs, arms as wide as need be to get as close to full ROM as possible. As for the ribs pulled in and all other details, check these posts:

The tripod you are a little too far forward on the forehead. Coach has stated elsewhere that head position is preference, so whatever feels best for you. The main point of this PE is to get you used to being upside down with some body awareness. You will find a sweet spot where you have a good balance between weight on your head and weight on  your arms. Be aware there is a fine line there, so a very little shift in the body can exponentially add weight to either way.