Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

left shoulder/arm

Andrew Clarke

Andrew Clarke

Hi guys,

For almost the past two weeks my left shoulder and through my upper arm have been painful when moving my arm out to the side and across the front of my body. Additionally, my left arm stretches intensely where my right arm in the same position can barely feel a stretch.

I went to the physiotherapist last week and he simply said "your body is tight everywhere, keep stretching your arm, it should only take us a few sessions to sort this out". My arm has not gotten any better or worse in this time.

The only exercise he prescribed me was one to stretch my neck and at $80 per 15min session I believe he is just trying for easy money....

He also said I could continue training, which I have not.

I don't plan on going back to him but can anyone recommend some type of rehab/stretching regime?

Thankyou

Farid Mirkhani

It could be shoulder impingement. For this you need to lay off all the pressing work and do lots of pulling work like rows and rear dumbbell lateral raises.

Besides this, you need to stretch your pecs, lats, biceps and front shoulders.

Doing shoulder dislocates can strengthen your back shoulder muscles and stretch your front shoulders, pecs, biceps and lats all at the same time.

Edited by Paulizdaman

Andrew Clarke

thanks for replies so far guys :)

chiro sounds like it could be worth a shot, if not I am sure it will feel nice anyway

Be sure to tell the chiropractor what you are dealing with other wise they might just check and readjust the alignment of your spine, hips, upperback, and neck.

• Upvote 1

Your gp or a muscular therapist or physiotherapist can easily tell if your shoulder is impinged or dislocated. A chiropractor is more likely to tell you your spine is out of allignment, crack it, and then try to sell you holistic medicine. Waste of money and time.