Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Setting up a daily workout routine

Matt Shoemaker

Matt Shoemaker

Hey guys,

I need a bit of clarification on a couple of things.

Am I right in thinking that we are meant to do joint exercises, then static holds and finally movements? And are we supposed to stretch or warmup?

Those are my questions. Thank you!

Chris Hobbs

I have my joint prehab stuff structured at the end of the workout. The focus is on the FSP/FBE movements, so the workouts are structured to give the attention there. Yes, definitely do a warmup. I also include dynamic movements in my warmup sequence prior to the static holds. Stretching is on a day by itself now - I have tried integrating it on other days and come to the conclusion that it is probably short-changed when I do, or is short-changing something else.

- Chris

Chris Hobbs

I am going to try and post my routine in the next few days depending on time I have to get it sorted out completely. My stretching session is tomorrow so I am going to try and track everything I do for the post ... most of it is by memory of past sports endeavors, but some has been cobbled together from other places ... including a bit from the recent seminar. However my progress in the past has been pathetic regarding flexibility, so I'm hoping to see something using this one-day a week approach that Coach has mentioned previously (stretching thoroughly one day a week and just being consistent for awhile).

I do my handstand work after the main FBE portion, but only on one day a week currently as it isn't a priority for me. That position is where I put the dynamic strength or handstand work.

- Chris

I do most of my handstand stuff after my warmup. And at the end of my warmup now I've been including some kickovers from a bridge and limbers and HS to bridge kickover because I've lost the ability to do them well.

Wall HS, some wall HS taps or runs. Kick to HS ( or if I was going to practice kicking against the wall ), donkey kick to HS ( or forward roll to jump-press to HS ), HS forward rolls, HS walking, HS pirouettes, straddle press to HS, HS to tuck planche. Pretty much that. I might do some CW and RO in there as well and some back ext roll to HS.

Matt Shoemaker

Thanks for the replies. What do you guys do for flexibility work? All I can think of is the stuff I used to do pre soccer game like touching toes, leg stretches, etc. And I read an article about walking down walls into a bridge.