Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Muscle ups or dips and pull ups?

Max Boehm

Hi there.

Is doing (good form,no kip) muscle ups instead of pull ups and dips a better bang for my buck? My workouts do have to be quite short due to my busy life :angry:

Cheers

Max

instead of doing muscle ups start doing more advanced pull ups and dips varioations, but if you dont have the time for that than muscle ups are just fine

Alexander Egebak

None-kipping and little picking muscle ups can be trained instead of pull ups and dips, but only to a certain rep/set degree.

Still, the best way would be to seperate the exercises and train them on their own.

Jan Reipert

dodging the transition and working dips and pull-ups sepereately is definitely more comfortable if your elbows are not prepared for the stress caused by muscle-ups.

My elbows were quite sore the first two to three days, however they got used to the movement very quickly. I guess they were already used to the movement due to me having to do a jumping muscle up whenever I wanted to get in a ring support position.

At the moment I can get up to 3-5 non kipping muscle ups from L-hang.  At the moment I do false grip pullups 5x5, L Sit pullups 3x8-10 and 3x10 ring dips. Good form + no kip!

Here you can see a video of my muscle up. It is not my best form because it was after a very taxing workout of wall assisted handstand push ups (skin the cats a mobility exercise), L sit Pullups (lat stretches as mobility exercise),  and hollow body holds (bridgeon my shoulders as mobility exercise).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEBthnAdEEY&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the bad quality/camera angle guys. My brother was to lazy to come closer...

Cheers guys

Max