Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

reverse muscle-up

speters

As described on page 104-105 of the book is this excercise a pure strength one or is there a technique I'm missing when attempting to ascend back into the handstand. I begin in the handstand, lower through (maintaining the false grip) and then attempt to pull back into the stand but am stuck down below. I can get back into the handstand if I lower below 90 degrees but if I completely lock out at the bottom I can not return. I have been using the straps as assistance as well. Thanks for any hints, videos, etc...

Reverse Muscle-Up as a progression to Elevator is very hard. Ok, VERY HARD. RIDICULOUS HARD. Elevator used to be rated a D level move. Bear in mind, levers are an A and Cross was a B. Planche is a C. Invert Cross used to be a D but now is a C.

I do agree that the reverse muscle-up is very difficult but also feel that it is a skill that is attainable. I do not know what the elevator is, just simply want to get a complete reverse muscle-up---we will see what happens from there.... Do you or anyone have a video of the above mentioned movement? Thanks.

On John Gill's climbing site there is a diagram of an elevator. Typically it's from a hang, lever through to invert and push to handstand.

I've never heard of it being done from an inverted hang as a start position.

On John Gill's climbing site there is a diagram of an elevator. Typically it's from a hang, lever through to invert and push to handstand.

I've never heard of it being done from an inverted hang as a start position.

if you are refering to inverted muscle up. It's much more easier as you are refering to. It's somwhere in range of iron cross.

For you, maybe yes. Heheh. It's not in the code anymore probably for that very reason.

Is there any actual video of someone just doing the reverse (inverted) muscle-up. I can not find anything on the wide world of computers....

Sean

youtube??

Why do you looking inverted muscle up on a video, it's just inverted transition from regular muscle up (like cross and inverted cross).

I think a lot of people would like to see how a reverse muscle up looks. I've heard a lot of people talk about them, but can't find any pictures of videos... I'm starting to think they don't exist :P

Would it be like an upside- down curl pull-up(made up name.) to handstand push-up?

Michael Dwan

Coach's book illustrates them and the DVD set has a video of one being performed with a spot. It looks extremely difficult, hahaha.

Richard Duelley

I added these to my steady state (with a spot of course :shock: ). When I do them it feels like my eyes are going to pop out! Very good movement! :mrgreen:

I think the transition is the hardest part, just like the regular muscle up.

I have searched for the video of someone doing an inverted muscle-up and have come up empty. Perhaps no one can really perform them and they are just an imaginary movement.... I hear people talking about doing them but no proof. Anyone, someone---I will keep training and one day will figure out the whole Youtube thing and post it up. Maybe this is a challenge to everyone else out there---take the bait and good luck!!!

Sean

If movement is not on a youtube,that doesn't mean it's hard as hell...it's easier then inverted cross (and there are much harder elements then inverted cross).

I can do it with no sweat.

I have seen every other excercise posted but the inverted muscle-up is elusive when it comes to Youtube mania. I'm continuing the training but I'm just wanting to see the movement in action just for comparison. I'm sure there are many folks out there doing the excercise and I'm fairly sure it is probably not that difficult in the gymnastic world but still would like to get a few under my "belt". I have no comparison when it comes to the cross versus the inverted cross since I can do neither--although getting very close to the standard iron cross. Again, post it up if you are doing them so those who are not can get a visual.

Sean

Joshua Naterman
If movement is not on a youtube,that doesn't mean it's hard as hell...it's easier then inverted cross (and there are much harder elements then inverted cross).

I can do it with no sweat.

Will you please post a video? It would really be nice to see the inverted muscleup in action.

If I will remember, I will. But not sooner then next month, now I have educations for coaches and one competition in London,...so not enough time for playing :mrgreen:

I have been continuing working the movement, it might be getting a bit easier... I still can not lock out (completely straighten my arms) and return to the handstand. Anyone else out there getting the move??

Sean

There is a young guy from UC Davis gymnastics club who I might try working with this as he can currently do straddle planche PU on floor, backward roll to support. I'm thinking he could do HSPU if he had the balance.

Joshua Naterman
If I will remember, I will. But not sooner then next month, now I have educations for coaches and one competition in London,...so not enough time for playing :mrgreen:

Sweet, I can't wait! Good luck at your upcoming competition!

Thank you for posting the video, I'm going to be watching that one for a while and working on the reverse muscle-up. Thanks again, much appreciated!!!!

Sean

Joshua Naterman

Yes, thank you. That's f-in' nuts. I hope I end up being able to do that at some point in my life :)