Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Korean dips

gogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0mrC1c597c

How to get to good korean dips, I kind of lack stregnth in my shoulders and I can easily do russian dips. I would also like to achive back lever in korean dip form I can hold normal back lever on rings for around 5 seconds :)

all the best

Edited by gogy

GoldenEagle

You are asking about Korean dips and yet you claim to be able to do Russian dips easily?

Russian dips, if done correctly, are harder than undergrip Korean dips.

• Upvote 3

Kate Abernethy

You'll get good Korean dips by keeping on doing them and getting them more and more under control so they can be done slowly.

You are asking about Korean dips and yet you claim to be able to do Russian dips easily?

Russian dips, if done correctly, are harder than undergrip Korean dips.

Hmm for me russian dips are also easier than Korean dips

GoldenEagle

Hmm for me russian dips are also easier than Korean dips

Okay, at the bottom of the dip don't stop at forearm support press all the way back to upper arm support and don't use the momentum of your legs.

• Upvote 1

GoldenEagle

ok, thank you. does not look that hard to me. will try it today :)

Press your triceps into your lats as you descend down into the back lever.

• Upvote 1

Jan Reipert

ok, thank you. does not look that hard to me. will try it today :)

tried it yesterday and failed miserably :D lowering down from the dip to a bent arm back lever was easy but straightening the arms with control is pretty brutal. i dont think my biceps were ever so sore.

• Upvote 1

Okay, at the bottom of the dip don't stop at forearm support press all the way back to upper arm support and don't use the momentum of your legs.

I would still have to say that starting the concentric from the arm support to be harder than without going to arm support because you lose all tension as well as the stretch reflex after you land on the bars and have to use more strength to get back up without momentum. Russian dips are supposed to be done with upper arm support instead of forearm support by the way.

Press your triceps into your lats as you descend down into the back lever.

You can do that, but you would want to stop using that if you want to maximize your BL strength.

• Upvote 1

tried it yesterday and failed miserably :D lowering down from the dip to a bent arm back lever was easy but straightening the arms with control is pretty brutal. i dont think my biceps were ever so sore.

Make sure your elbows and biceps are strong enough before doing these since going from bent to straight arm here is even more stressful than starting with straight arms in the BL. Reversing the movement will be a BL curl which is very difficult and takes more strength than the inverted curl in the inverted MU.

• Upvote 2

GoldenEagle

I would still have to say that starting the concentric from the arm support to be harder than without going to arm support because you lose all tension as well as the stretch reflex after you land on the bars and have to use more strength to get back up without momentum. Russian dips are supposed to be done with upper arm support instead of forearm support by the way.

You can do that, but you would want to stop using that if you want to maximize your BL strength.

I know Russian dips are supposed to be done with upper arm support. A lot of people look at the plethora of street workout videos and try to emulate what they see.  Personally speaking from parallel bar support hold I had to lower down to forearm support and push back to upper arm support.  For me getting back to parallel support hold was a matter of pulling to and through forearm support hold while pressing down on the bars all without using the moment my legs would have generated.   

I agree with you on maximizing back lever strength gains.

• Upvote 1