Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, need help with planche and programming!

jyzackoh

Hi guys, I've just got the BtGB ebook.

I've been working on my frog stand and i should say it's quite stable already. However, I noticed that when I want to advance to the tuck planche, I do not have the necessary back strength and "the-joint-that-connects-your-legs-with-the-pelvis" Strength.

This is as the legs always rest on my elbows. This causes two problems for me!

1) I cannot proceed to the truck planche where my weight is supported with my chest, triceps and shoulders

2) I cannot train my shoulders and chest because the weight is sorta rested on my elbows

Need some advice on how to move on!

Next, I've contacted a local dealer to get myself a pair of gymnastic rings. However, I would like to get some advice on how to craft my own training programme. I've read the programming section in the ebook, and many threads in the forum. But I still don't get it.

I've planned something like this:

Monday

Planche Progression

Push Up Variations

Negative HeSPU

Dips

Tuesday

Front Lever Progression - 1min

Back Lever Progression - 1min

Pull Ups - 3 x failure (then hold a 90 degree elbow position after failure to pull up)

Tuck Front Lever Rows

Thursday

L-sit Progression

V-Ups 3 x 20

Hanging Leg Lifts 3 x 10

Windshield Wipers 3 x 5

Friday

Deck Squats for Distance and Height - 5 x 5

SLS - 5 x 3

(any other exercises that can train my hemstrings without assistance?)

Archups

RLL

That's what I've planned. I put all pressing motions into 1 day, all the pulling motions into 1 day, core in 1 day, and legs + lower back in 1 day. Please tell me what you think!

Thanks for helping! =)

Zack

Look up a lot of the workoutlogs by other people and what people have submitted under programming.

For your pullups, you can add in lockoffs at the middle and top and if you want do them to fail.

If you can do 3 sets of 20 V-ups, that progression is too easy. Hanging windshield wipers are harder than HLL.

You'll find diminishing returns by doing so much pull, push, leg, or core work on 1 day. If you're only practicing something one time a week you're not going to get as good as it if you were practicing it 2-4x a week like planche.

You can use the floor glute ham progression for hamstrings.

You aren't working HS and straight arm support, this is no good.

Keep working the straight arm frogstand and add in pseudo-planche pushups to load the shoulders. You can also work supported/assisted planche work by putting the feet on a swiss ball or bench. This unfortunately does not train the balance, just the strength. Dips and HSPU help train the shoulders and chest to some degree though.

I've come to having some problems with the advanced frogstand as my arms don't like the bodyweight of my lower body on them it seems because I have big legs and that is a lot of pressure on my elbow or tricep with my knee pushing into it.

Thanks Blairbob,

So does it mean I should work on the static progressions like 3 times a week, then spread out the pressing and pulling exercises too? Wow this is hard!! =(

Coach Sommer reccomends 4. 2 or 3 is acceptable, I guess but probably not preferable. You may not be able to work them 4x a week and recover yet. I dunno.

Hayden Whealing

with the frogstand, you can try it with your palms facing backwards. It makes the chest more involved