Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have new gym rings now need help!

newtothis7

Hello everyone and anyone,

Ive just bought a set of gymnastic rings but im stuck on the best way to work out. My fitness goals are to lose weight and get ripped and lean and build functional strength. I dont like to use weights so im just using bodyweight workouts. I hope that someone will able to help me with a training program using gymnastic rings to build my upper and lower body. I am a beginner and new to working out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Things i would like to know -->

Complete Upper body workouts >

Complete Lower body workouts >

How many reps and sets >

Days i should workout >

Days i should rest > >

Things like that. >

Im a 28 year old male and i weigh around fourteen stone. Im about 5 foot 7 and overweight. Just incase you need to know my current condition.

I have a muscle imbalance on the left side of my upper body (neck/shoulder/biceps/back) this is due to working out incorectly and simply not knowing how to train. I guess this is critical information to know. I would really want to learn how to balance out my entire body with your training advise.

I know its a big ask but i really need your help. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Alessandro Mainente

So you want a personal training advice for free.

First of all, how many post did you read before ask these information?

probably the answer is covered in another post.

For your current level to know, how many, how much, what , when and how I understand that you are a novice in therms of progression, scheduling, execution etc, for these reasons i really suggest foundations series, nothing more. currently is the best investment in the long run.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for relpy . No im not looking for free. Just a point in the right direction so i can workout safely. Since im new to this i want the best information i can find so i dont injure myself. I can only access the internet from my phone and sometimes websites doesnt load properly for some reason. When im able to get to a laptop ill check the site out.

Thanks.

Jesus Rojas

I would recommend you a "fit test" like for example, can you do a proper pullups ?, can you do a proper pushups ?, can you do a proper squat ? can you even hang from the rings ? It would be a good start If you know your capacity and set some goals, try to set some realistic goals and never miss a workout, when you have your goals defined it is much easier to design a workout routine.

• Upvote 2

Thanks thats a good idea ill start by doing what you said and when im able to do each exersise with perfect form than it should be easier to create a program.

Thanks

Christoph Pahl

I've injured myself 3 years ago using rings while not being ready for them, I'm still on my rehab. There was some other underlying reason, but still my advice: Hang them over your table as motivation, and start some much more basic training.

Ryan Hutchins

I've injured myself 3 years ago using rings while not being ready for them, I'm still on my rehab. There was some other underlying reason, but still my advice: Hang them over your table as motivation, and start some much more basic training.

The easiest answer is this. Buy Foundation 1. Read it. Read it again. Work your way up

Second easiest answer: Put the rings down. Begin a basic strength and conditioning program using bodyweight exercises. You could still use the rings for things not involving support. There is an orgy of information on this website to get started on a basic conditioning regimen. I'll even give you something to start if you really want it.

Im sorry to hear about your injury i hope everything gets sorted soon. Im gonna start with basic bodyweight stuff like dips / pull ups / squats and than im going to try introducing rings when i get stronger. ill check foundation program out and im sure if i take my time and learn correct form and progressions i should be safe. Im going to practice static holds on the rings aswell so i can get used to using the rings and balancing.

Thank you for your reply i hope all goes well for you.

Alexander Egebak

Im sorry to hear about your injury i hope everything gets sorted soon. Im gonna start with basic bodyweight stuff like dips / pull ups / squats and than im going to try introducing rings when i get stronger. ill check foundation program out and im sure if i take my time and learn correct form and progressions i should be safe. Im going to practice static holds on the rings aswell so i can get used to using the rings and balancing.

Thank you for your reply i hope all goes well for you.

Do not do static holds on rings without proper preparation, this can lead to injury. Also pull ups and dips are not that basic, chances are that you will you perform them wrong. Atleast upload pictures to digital coaching forum for people to correct your form.

Thanks for reply fresh pro i forgot to add i was going to practice static holds on the pull up and dip station i have then progress to rings when i have the right information and able to buy the program. Do you think thats safe. Im not sure i mentioned it but i wanted to use rings as another way to to build bodyweight muscle not actually for hardcore olympic gymnastic training. If that makes sense.

Thanks

Fresh pro - i forgot to say. I want to train like TRX type workouts but i bought rings because it seemed like in the future i could progress to wherever my training takes me. Its seemed like a better investment.

Vincent Stoyas

Fresh pro - i forgot to say. I want to train like TRX type workouts but i bought rings because it seemed like in the future i could progress to wherever my training takes me. Its seemed like a better investment.

Dang, Wish I bought rings instead of TRX in the beginning. Hindsight.

Alexander Egebak

I cannot give you the safe step to step progressions in terms of achieving ring support, since that is covered in R1. You can, however, figure out a decent way of progress by either purchasing rings 1 (after completing foundation 1-4) and foundation by or reading already existing forum posts. Bear in mind that foundation courses must be completed before ring strength begins, so it is still not recommended to do the static holds.