Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

trying to lose fat. My nutrition plan

DareToBeGymnast

Sorry, should've re-read my post.  I meant to say I get my cheese from casein A2 cows.  Butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream contain very little casein anyway and not enough to be significant.  

Brands of cheese...there are too many to name.  I wouldn't get cheese from the US, Spain, or Holstein cows in general.  Gurnsey cows are safe, but otherwise you'd have to call up the company and ask them.  Good luck finding anyone who has a clue what casein A2 is.  I have found Jeni's ice cream online to be made of casein A2 cowmilk though.

• 4 weeks later...

I would increase protein and eat whole eggs they contain good fats which is vital for testorone hormones.

im currently eating 2500 calories im 5 ft 11 and 202 lb eating 220-230 gram protein the rest i just fit in with the calories

• 4 weeks later...
Jukka Makitalo 77

Baseline for most people that train is 1.5-2g protein / kg anything over that is most likely not used for muscle growth and is turned into sugar and stored to fat unless its burned. 0.8-1g fat / kg from good sources as fat is really important for body and hormones. Carbs.. as much you need to cover your consumption preferably around when you actually need energy.

Eat lots of veggies, proteins on every meal, avoid sugar/white rice/white wheat...

If you want to play a bit more with macros for rest days you could lower carb intake drastically and raise fat amount even up to 1.2-1.5g / kg. You can always go for ketogenic diet as well but personally I wouldnt recommend it if you train a lot and several times a day.

• Upvote 1

Baseline for most people that train is 1.5-2g protein / kg anything over that is most likely not used for muscle growth and is turned into sugar and stored to fat unless its burned. 0.8-1g fat / kg from good sources as fat is really important for body and hormones. Carbs.. as much you need to cover your consumption preferably around when you actually need energy.

Eat lots of veggies, proteins on every meal, avoid sugar/white rice/white wheat...

If you want to play a bit more with macros for rest days you could lower carb intake drastically and raise fat amount even up to 1.2-1.5g / kg. You can always go for ketogenic diet as well but personally I wouldnt recommend it if you train a lot and several times a day.

The bolded statement actually is not correct from a biochemical standpoint (at least in the context of reasonable excesses in protein intake with regard to total caloric load).  The thermic effect of ingesting protein is very wasteful, as is the conversion process and the production of enzymes, hormones, uncoupling, etc.  I generally agree with everything else though.

Jukka Makitalo 77

I was oversimplifying a bit. What I was after is that for muscle growth you really only need 1.5-2g prot per weight kg  (1g minimum if you're just trying to lose weight) rest is "just" energy which yes of course counts to total calorie count. 1g protein is roughly 4kcal energy but due thermic effect for sake of counting calories you get during the day it's in reality about 3kcal. Protein is also quite costly outside whey protein so it makes more sense to get calories you need from veggies, nuts, fruits, berries, grains etc which also provide more vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Protein does hold hunger well which leads to recommentation to have protein also on every meal.

Bit same for fats as your body really need good fats around 0.5-1g/bodyweight kg rest will be just used for energy use or storage.

If we think about gaining muscle as well process needs carbs as well 1 beef or pile of eggs won't be enough alone thats why most of the carb intake should be around training this will also help with dieting. Also when dieting you should have every week or minimum every 2 week bulking day when you eat clearly above daily consumption (dont over do this) preferably on training day. This can help to keep your metabolism up and running.

Have to add that sleep (7-8 hours) and rest is also more than important especially for dieting. You can screw up any perfect diet and training by not sleeping and resting enough.

Most of the people will do more than fine with the above rules. You can always go for IF, ketogenic, carb cycling etc. to enhance weight loss but that makes life more trickier, stresses you more and in worst case may lead to negative result.

Aaro Helander

Was about to make the same point as Damon, but I agree with pretty much everything Jukka said in his last post.

Protein is probably a bit overrated when talking about muscle gain, but larger amounts have certain benefits when dieting (at least  with harder than average dieting), such as less perceived stress on a very low-calorie cut when consuming 2-3 g of protein per kg of bodyweight. For me, dieting is 2-3g protein per kg + average to medium to high amount of carbs, plus long fasting window (+20 hours). The easiest way out.

For most people, dieting tends to work best when they don't think about it and consume whole foods and lots of vegatables. For some people, like me, dieting works best when I overthink it and take everything into account, and play around with macro cycling etc. AND when I eat a lot of vegetables, this is one of the biggest factors involved as a constant.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.