Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ready to start -- but I'll be traveling a lot

Helgi Freyr Rúnarsson

Helgi Freyr Rúnarsson

Hi,

I'm ready to start with F1+H1 but in August, I will only be at home for 4 days and the rest I will be traveling. The first two weeks I will be in a dangerous city in a country where I don't speak the language and haven't been before so simply going outside and searching for a park or something like that might not be an option.

I am wondering whether I could start the program now and still do them while traveling or if I should wait until I am at home again, or at least at a place where I can find a park or something similar to work out (which will be the last 2 weeks of august and the first of september).

I know the equipment "requirements" for the programs but I am wondering whether the first few weeks could be worked with no equipment at all basically.

So to summarize, in the first 3-4 weeks of F1+H1, can I make do without any equipment at all or something very simple?

I'm certainly no expert on this program, but I've done the training in a few different spots where no real equipment was available and found it really easy to figure out ways to use the furniture in the room to workout with.

Douglas Reinot

The biggest requirement for most of the progressions' beginning elements is a floor. You may need to get creative for the pulling progression, some of the elements requiring a stable raised surface, or some of the mobility exercises depending on how far along you start. A few require something to pull on and small weighted dumbbells or bars. I wouldn't let any of this stop you. If you're really ready to go, you'll make it work for those 2 weeks :). There is lots of great advice/creative ideas in the equipment and F1/H1 specific forums for make-do solutions, too, if you're not sure how to approach a particular exercise.  

It took me some time to get used to the flow of the workout (not that I'm an expert at this point either! I'm still experimenting) and get a handle on all the material. If anything it might be good to just work through whatever you can for 2 weeks to just acclimate yourself to the movement patterns so you're better equipped to really get going when you get back from your summer travels. As a desk monkey of 10 years I started the program about 5 months ago; I have never felt better and regret every day I put off getting started. There's no zeal like a convert's though, so take the advice for what you will!

Helgi Freyr Rúnarsson

Thanks guys!

I had been waiting since I didn't have the money up until now :)