Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Duration of rest between sets

Ivan Pavlovic

Ivan Pavlovic

What is ideal rest time between sets ?

In everything i do i rest 45-60 sec., so im interested am i doing it right ?

Edited by Paf

GoldenEagle

That depends on your training goals.

Shorter for hypertrophy training.

Longer for strength training.

Ivan Pavlovic

That depends on your training goals.

Shorter for hypertrophy training.

Longer for strength training.

My goal is maximal strenght. How long should rest last then ?

Also i do for exemple 7 sets of 5 l-sit pullups and i rest 45-60 sec, if i rest more should i do more sets ?

Edited by Paf

GoldenEagle

My goal is maximal strenght. How long should rest last then ?

Also i do for exemple 7 sets of 5 l-sit pullups and i rest 45-60 sec, if i rest more should i do more sets ?

If you rest more, slow your tempo down so that you put more effort into your sets.

Youtube video: CT Fletcher on rest while discussing bench press. (Bodybuilding vs. Powerlifting)

Pay attention to what CT Fletcher says about effort.

Edited by GoldenEagle
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Pavlovic

So as i understood i should do my max. on exercise and then rest as much i need to preform max. again.

Thank you for helping me GoldenEagle. :)

• Upvote 1

GoldenEagle

Correct.

More exerted effort increase the amount of stress being placed upon the connective tissue rather than the muscle. It is the connective tissue that transfers the strength of your muscle to your skeleton.

• Upvote 1

it takes about 3 minutes for the body to return 95% of the ATP to the used muscle so when training for maximal strength do each set until technical failure then rest about 3 minutes and then do your next set.also when training for strength you want to do high intensity and low volume that means you should do hard exercises for 3-5 reps for 5 sets 

• Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

it takes about 3 minutes for the body to return 95% of the ATP to the used muscle so when training for maximal strength do each set until technical failure then rest about 3 minutes and then do your next set.also when training for strength you want to do high intensity and low volume that means you should do hard exercises for 3-5 reps for 5 sets 

Can the ATP restoration be improved through pushing through little rest time and working on increasing work capacity?

Can the ATP restoration be improved through pushing through little rest time and working on increasing work capacity?

thats called endurance training

Alexander Egebak

thats called endurance training

I thought the result of endurance training was increased oxygen absorbation. Is it also like this with ATP?

I thought you never went to failure when you train for max strength.

I also think one has to explain what exactly he means by "failure".

Is "failure" complete and total failure, where you can't even budge and literally FAIL the rep, or stopping when you feel like you will fail the next rep and won't be able to complete it?

Carmen Schult

I thought you never went to failure when you train for max strength.

I also think one has to explain what exactly he means by "failure".

Is "failure" complete and total failure, where you can't even budge and literally FAIL the rep, or stopping when you feel like you will fail the next rep and won't be able to complete it?

failure means technical failure, when form breaks

Alessandro Mainente

i've trained with foundations for about 2 years...then...what is rest? :D

• Upvote 3

Hannibal Ahmed

I thought the result of endurance training was increased oxygen absorbation. Is it also like this with ATP?

the result of endurance training is an increase in work capacity in the absence of rest at low-medium intensity

• Upvote 1