Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a routine

J Don

Hi guys I found this site at the beginning of the year when I decided I wanted to do a planche by the end of the year.

Still not close....

Recently I decided to get more into gymnastics and dedicate more time to it.

I have found a few gyms in my area that offer open gym and have been going to them and practicing some moves.... did not expect bodyweight exercises to hurt so much.

I'm currently trying to find a stretch routine/program which I can memorize and do every day or a few routines which I can switch every few days. I have looked around but have not been able to find a good one.

If anyone has any tips or can point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it.

Farid Mirkhani

You have to first make clear where your are in your gymnastic training before someone here can help you, but I'm assuming you're pretty new. I would recommend taking a look at the prerequisites thread. :)

You have to first make clear where your are in your gymnastic training before someone here can help you, but I'm assuming you're pretty new. I would recommend taking a look at the prerequisites thread. :)

Thanks sorry about that. I'll try to find the prerequisites thread but yes I'm pretty new. I do have some weight lifting experience so I'm pretty strong and I have a few years of dance experience. So I'm a bit more flexible than most but I'm not a yogi. As for where I'm at not 100 percent sure I haven't really been timing myself but I can do a crow hold for at least 20 sec and a L sit for at least 30. I can also do wall hand stands and hand stand push ups but still haven't figured out free standing.

I'm still trying to find a stretch routine I figure i'll jump rope or do jumping jacks for 5 min than do some stretches but I'm trying to find a routine that is good for gymnasts that will make me more flexible and prevent injury. Not sure if a traditional yoga routine would also work... My lower back and hamstrings are tight and I cant do any of the splits.

Thanks again