Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IS This Routine Ok ??

Danny Wraxton

Danny Wraxton

Hi , Im from the U.k , Iv recently found this site but have always been amazed by the male gymnasts , Anyway Heres my routine please let me know what you think . Im starting this monday so need quick reply .. Thank

Monday - Static Holds

Frof Stand - 3 sets

Back lver - 3 sets

HSPU - 3 sets - (Bottom of Movement)

Press up - 3 sets - (Bottom of movemnt)

Pull Up - 3 sets - (Top of Movement)

Chin Up - 3 sets - (Top of Movement)

Diamond Press Ups - 3 sets - (Bottom of movement)

L- Sit - 3 sets

1 Leg Squats - 3 sets

Calf raises - 3 sets

Wednesday

Frog stand - 3 sets

Back lever - 3 sets

HSPU - 3 sets

Dips - 3 stes

Pull Ups - 3 sets

Chin Ups - 3 sets

Tricep Press ups - 3 sets

Box Jumps - 3 sets

Box Leaps - 3 sets

Friday

HSPU - 3 sets

1 Hand press ups - 3 sets

Circle Pull ups - 3 sets ( Pull up to right side , Go accross to left , come down on left side)

Circrl chin Ups - 3 sets

1 wide arm tricep press - 3 sets ( Lie down , 1 arm reached forward , other arm right next to body and push up on this hand)

Squat Jumps - 3 sets

Hope You Can figure out what i mean -

I dont have any set goals but i do wanna be able to do Planch ( then planche press ups), Back lver ( then with pull up) , And Hold a flag position .

Greatly appreciate any Responce

Holding the flag in the GB program is a product of oblique training besides plenty of lever training.

If you want to get good at the planche, my reccomendation is to work it more than just 2d/week.

Why bother with regular pushups when you are doing tricep pushups. A different change of pace? In gymnastics, we tend to prefer only the elbows in-triceps focused pushups as our default.

Danny Wraxton

ok then il do planche training 4 times a week .. Why do gymnasts only do tricep press ups .. Thanx neway .. I jus fort more people would like to help ..

Because so much of apparatus work is dependent on tricep strength and because it's harder. In a normal pushup, more of the load is spread out across the chest and shoulders when you flare out the elbows.