Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach Sommer on Rob Wolf Round 2

Jennifer Rodriguez

Sascha Faltinger

so interesting to listen. learnt a lot and could listen for hours! thank you for the great information.

Murray Truelove

Are foundation sessions really only supposed to take 20 minutes?!

I can take nearly 3x that.

• Upvote 2

Klemen Bobnar

I'm curious about that one too. Maybe if you took no rest at all between exercises and no warmup.

Daniel Burnham

Yep. Pretty close. Remember there is supposed to be little rest. It is ok to take longer at the start of a cycle but adapting to the low rest times is a big part of it and demonstrated that you really have it mastered.

Of course adding warmups and extra mobility will take additional time. My workout last about 2 hours now. Strength work is only about 30 min.

• Upvote 1

Briac Roquet

This seems about right when I don't mess around. Still going to be a bit longer if I'm on week 11 for everything (hard to do 20 minutes 2 exercises take 10 minutes not counting mobility), but now that some exercises get on the low rep side, it does take more or less 20 minutes.

Toni Laukkavaara

no breaks between and i dont think that warmup is included

Murray Truelove

Without giving too much away; on one foundation day you do 4 exercises, assume sets around a minute for each (I know that's not the case but I don't want to give course information out) then just the exercise alone will be 20 minutes that's without the mobility and warm up sets.

Sure at the VERY beginning they might only be 20 minutes but no way is that typical.

ADRIANO FLORES CANO

Coach mentioned the thing about 20 minutes Foundation workout asumming that you're a total beginner and you start from week 1 in almost all elements; in that case, 20 minutes is logic.

When you're more advance in the program, workout takes longer. Mine are about 1 hour or so, and I feel pretty well with it.

Great podcast as usual, it is a pleasure to hear Coach talking about all this details on training, even though in my language some things I can not understand properly.

The only objection is that sometimes is more a Podcast with Robb Wolf and his Sport Life. Mother of god, what a tongue!

Movement 1 Hint: hanging from a bar for time? 5x120s? :D :D :D 

• Upvote 2

Jennifer Rodriguez

I liked this podcast a lot.   Coach really emphasized the importance of playing the long game.

• Upvote 2

Merunas Astrauskas

Movement 1 Hint: hanging from a bar for time? 5x120s? :D :D :D

Better start building up early.

Mikkel Ravn

I had sort of been looking to just get the weighted dislocates over with, but now I see that they are one of the mainstays. I shall learn to enjoy them, then.

Can someone post a link to the interview plz? I can't find it xd

It's in the original post.

Joachim Gryholm

It always amazes me this stuff Coach mentions. "Light work as warmup like rope climbs, swinging dips to handstand and 30 leg lifts" haha, and here I am struggling with F1:P

• Upvote 3

Tristan Curtis

It always amazes me this stuff Coach mentions. "Light work as warmup like rope climbs, swinging dips to handstand and 30 leg lifts" haha

If you listen closely, you can hear the smirk on his face when he says it.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
Noah Schettini

Coach mentions about how he has some athletes, for example, deadlift a light weight of 135lbs for 2 months straight - at that point the athlete could easily do 185lbs. 

I am rehabbing from an injury so my doc says light lifting is beneficial (I have worked on F1 for a few months). I used to do 5-3-1 and wanted to work on those four lifts again, but light weights, so it does not slow down F1 progress.

A very interesting concept that I would like to try. Can anyone explain how to figure out the starting weight and how many days a week/sets/reps to work on this?

Thanks again,
Noah